Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-11-2008, 06:32 AM   #1
MidknytOwl
Zealot
MidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Aura
Books on Board reduces NYT bestsellers to $9.79

Sorry, have to defend my BoB. Saw it earlier today but didn't think to post it. I don't normally buy these so I have no idea what these normally run, but after I saw the Fictionwise post I figured I'd toss this in the mix.

I looked at a couple and they all seem to also come with $0.50 in Rewards as well, although I didn't check them all.

They do seem to be having fun competing with each other.
MidknytOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:43 AM   #2
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Good competition is always welcome. And so far I'm a BoB customer, because they are always on par with Fictionwise promotions, with the added advantage that I don't have to be a paying member.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2008, 06:45 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
Good competition is always welcome. And so far I'm a BoB customer, because they are always on par with Fictionwise promotions, with the added advantage that I don't have to be a paying member.
You don't have to be a paying member of FictionWise either if you're smart enough to join their "buyer's club" during one of its periodic spells of "100% rebate" on membership .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:54 AM   #4
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You don't have to be a paying member of FictionWise either if you're smart enough to join their "buyer's club" during one of its periodic spells of "100% rebate" on membership .
Why bother to catch the right window to become a member in FW, if in BoB I get the discount imediatly? Right now, there's nothing in FW that makes me wish to join it. I mainly use mobipocket format, and it's not rare to find ebooks in that format first in BoB.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:37 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Just kidding you. They're book good eBook stores - I just prefer FW's user interface, and they also have a very wide range of back-catalog "multi-format" books which BoB don't, plus magazines, etc.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2008, 09:18 AM   #6
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Just kidding you. They're book good eBook stores - I just prefer FW's user interface, and they also have a very wide range of back-catalog "multi-format" books which BoB don't, plus magazines, etc.
I agree with Harry; they are both good stores and I've spent money at both, though more at Fictionwise.

The magazines and multi-format are a big draw for me at Fictionwise. I've been an Analog reader for a good 30 years now - and I can't get it at BoB but FW lets me subscribe AND it's multi-format.

I also find FW easier to navigate so I stay where it's comfortable; though that doesn't stop me from buying at BoB when I find a better deal. I just don't find the better deals that often.

On the plus side - I do like the fact other retailers are fighting back against Amazon, and BoB is one of the good guys.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:40 AM   #7
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post

On the plus side - I do like the fact other retailers are fighting back against Amazon, and BoB is one of the good guys.
Maybe you should be happy Amazon is out there for them to compete against. It's helping your pocketbook.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:33 AM   #8
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Too bad BoB has apparently stopped their 100% rewards books.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:43 AM   #9
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
100% rewards are a good thing - but possibly unsustainable. I think the only reason FW still does it is because they are able to subsidize them through other means such as club memberships and multi-format books.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:40 PM   #10
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Well I think there is more to that. The 100% is always a creditcard/Paypal purchase, you can never use macropay points. So they always have income flowing in.

With BoB you can always use their rewards. So somebody can use their rewards to buy the book w/o having to pay cash.
=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:42 PM   #11
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidknytOwl View Post
Sorry, have to defend my BoB. ...
No apologies please, this is a good thing. Thank you

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:52 AM   #12
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Most likely it was subsidized (at least partially) by the publisher, as it was always the same books and posted about the same time. But, yes, in the end you can't keep it up forever if that is your only income.

The current bestseller at slightly under Kindle prices sale is a good one (especially if you have those trapped micropay dollars over at fictionwise!).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote