Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 10-25-2008, 01:15 PM   #1
luigi65
luigi65 began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
LIT, FB2 format and italian book

Since a day I have a BeBook, it's fantastic reader, but I have noticed that in LIT format I don't see any italian accented vocal, i.e. è, é, ù, ò, ì.
Instead in PRC, PDF, DOC, RTF, HTM format it's all right.

After some test I have tried convert LIT to FB2 with ABC Amber Lit Converter. I read well the FB2 file generated with FBReader and Haali Reader for Windows XP, but with BeBook I not see accented vocal, they are missing (as LIT).

There's an answer for this problem?

Thanks
luigi65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 03:07 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
My first response to this kind of issue is that the problem is with the font, however the fact that RTF and HTML works and LIT and FB2 fail seems to argue against this. In any case, if there are alternative fonts on the BeBook, try them. If you can add new ones, also try DejaVu Sans which has a wider range of characters than most free fonts (and is otherwise a drop in replacement for Bitstream Vera fonts).

If it isn't the font, I suggest converting the LIT to PRC (since these display ok, using different reader software on the BeBook than the others). I also suggest using ConvertLIT (or ConvertLIT GUI), rather than ABC converter, and MobiPocket Creator to do the conversion. Explode the LIT to an OEB (HTML, images, and a .opf metafile) and then give the .opf file to MobiPocket Creator. There are several other ways to get from LIT to MOBI, but this is the most flexible.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2008, 03:53 PM   #3
torbich
Zealot
torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 602, LBook V3
Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi65 View Post
After some test I have tried convert LIT to FB2 with ABC Amber Lit Converter. I read well the FB2 file generated with FBReader and Haali Reader for Windows XP, but with BeBook I not see accented vocal, they are missing (as LIT).
Please save your problem FB2 files somewhere and post a link here - I'll contact with the author of fb2 module on V3 for a fix.
torbich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 05:19 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Since a day I have a BeBook, it's fantastic reader, but I have noticed that in LIT format I don't see any italian accented vocal, i.e. è, é, ù, ò, ì.
Instead in PRC, PDF, DOC, RTF, HTM format it's all right.

There's an answer for this problem?

Thanks
I believe you are missing the vowels in the font set you have loaded which is why you don't see them. You could try downloading a font from your PC or Mac (TTF) that has these symbols in them. The manual for the BeBook should talk about downloading fonts. Be sure and check on your computer to verify the fonts you want to download contain these characters.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 04:00 AM   #5
luigi65

Quote:
Originally Posted by torbich View Post
Please save your problem FB2 files somewhere and post a link here - I'll contact with the author of fb2 module on V3 for a fix.
In this link http://webnamics.altervista.org/italian-ebook.zip you can find an italian book in LIT format.

I have done others test, with ConvertLIT 1.8 I have decompress the book in a directory, then with Any2FB2 I have convert the HTML file to FB2. Now I see the "accent" vocal but the indentation of text is to left and not to center.
For this I think that the problem not concern the fonts.

Now I try to make others test with mobiperl and fb2-perl-tools, I hope to obtain a positive result.

Last edited by luigi65; 10-27-2008 at 01:31 PM.
Advert
Old 10-27-2008, 07:49 AM   #6
torbich
Zealot
torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 602, LBook V3
Quote:
In this link http://webnamics.altervista.org/down...lian-ebook.zip you can find an italian book in LIT format.
Cannot download a file. Should I register on this site? (I don't understand Italian)
torbich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:19 PM   #7
luigi65

Quote:
Cannot download a file. Should I register on this site? (I don't understand Italian)
I have add an attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: zip italian-ebook.zip (63.5 KB, 402 views)

Last edited by luigi65; 10-27-2008 at 01:36 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:19 PM   #8
luigi65

Quote:
I have add an attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: zip italian-ebook.zip (63.5 KB, 361 views)

Last edited by luigi65; 10-27-2008 at 01:37 PM.