Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 10-12-2008, 02:02 PM   #16
quickhand
Connoisseur
quickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheese

Device: Hanlin V3, Sony prs-505, Hanwang n516
Is PDF reflowing contemplated? Of course! We were just talking about it the other day, and some are quite eager to have it (including yours truly). But the best way to make sure OI has all the lovely features you want is to join the team.
Old 10-12-2008, 03:06 PM   #17
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Thank you for your clarification.
Advert
Old 10-16-2008, 06:36 PM   #18
rjh
Connoisseur
rjh doesn't litterrjh doesn't litter

Device: TungstenT3 Nokia770 BeBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickhand View Post
Hi. I'm the main developer for Madshelf. Many people have been clamoring for a delete function (I have no use for it myself, but it seems a popular request), so I'm glad you like it. If you have any other feature requests, let me know.
Really liking the ability to delete, copy, move on the device. Also like the appearance of madshelf in OI, seems lighter than the original firmware.

It would be great to be able to mark as read (manually, rather than just tagging a file after it has been partially viewed).

Also, more entries per screen would be great, assuming navigation other than by 0-8 is possible.

I've been using OI almost exclusively since this release, seems quite stable.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:45 PM   #19
quickhand
Connoisseur
quickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheese

I am intending to implement tags (similar to emblems in gnome) as well as custom file filters in a future version of madshelf. Madshelf has pretty straightforward code, so even with minimal programming experience, contributing is possible. I'm a little tied up right now in getting MadPDF working (this will be the full-featured PDF viewer for OI), but new features will appear in Madshelf soon.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:45 PM   #20
rjh
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post

I considered putting Rockbox on my iPod gen 4. While it did do things that my iPod didn't do, for example play flac and ogg... it did nothing that I "wanted". So, I saw no reason to install it.
Maybe you should have actually tried it? I waited months for RockBox to get to a state where it was usable on the Sansa e260, and despite rather depressing status reports went ahead and tried it.

The difference was amazing. The sansa went from being an OK device with terrible firmware to something quite different. And this has only improved over time. Even audio quality improved to the point where I can't tolerate the original firmware at all.

The same will be true of OI - it is early days yet, but there is a huge amount of potential here. As with all of these kinds of projects, they'll be ready when they are ready. Patience is required.
Advert
Old 10-16-2008, 07:02 PM   #21
rjh
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickhand View Post
I am intending to implement tags (similar to emblems in gnome) as well as custom file filters in a future version of madshelf. Madshelf has pretty straightforward code, so even with minimal programming experience, contributing is possible. I'm a little tied up right now in getting MadPDF working (this will be the full-featured PDF viewer for OI), but new features will appear in Madshelf soon.
Fantastic! Tagging and filtering would take care of just about everything and be far more flexible. Wish I had programming skills. Definitely looking forward to future developments.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:19 PM   #22
quickhand
Connoisseur

Anyone still following this thread will be happy to know that I've implemented tagging and filtering in the most recent version of Madshelf, as well as SQLite based caching for book info. So for example, you could assign the tag "read" to books you've read, or "favorite", and then filter using these tags. You can also define filters to choose only MOBI files, for example, or only supported book formats, and you can use these filters in any combination. Also, you could, for example, tag books that are yours, and those that belong to your girlfriend/boyfriend, and choose to show only your books. It's going to be cool, but it's not packaged yet, so be patient.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:48 PM   #23
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Perfect. I am more and more tempted to buy a Bebook so I can get this functionality that for me is very useful.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:34 PM   #24
mvoosten
Zealot
mvoosten began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
pretty cool
Old 10-31-2008, 03:35 AM   #25
rjh
Connoisseur

Thank you! I'm really looking forward to this.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:20 AM   #26
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Any timescale for a CyBook version now that Tribble has, I believe, sent you a CyBook?
Old 10-31-2008, 08:22 AM   #27
lunohod
OpenInkpot developer
lunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toys

Device: N516,V3,PRS505,iLiad,eSlick,E60,K3,K4NT,M90,PB912,KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Any timescale for a CyBook version now that Tribble has, I believe, sent you a CyBook?
Well, I have not received any cybook yet. I've sent him my address twice, but Tribble hasn't answer.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:49 AM   #28
jedavis1
Zealot
jedavis1 doesn't litterjedavis1 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Is anyone actively working on a port for the PRS line? Specifically the 505?

It looks like a very interesting project.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:23 PM   #29
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedavis1 View Post
Is anyone actively working on a port for the PRS line? Specifically the 505?

It looks like a very interesting project.
Wenjie Zhang was working on the 505 as part of Google's Summer of Code. His blog's last post was in August.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:01 AM   #30
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Oasis
jekhor has got a 505, but not yet had his hands on it.