Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 09-25-2008, 08:26 AM   #16
garthoid
Enthusiast
garthoid is on a distinguished road

Device: axim, bebook, BPDN
Thanks for the suggestion. I have been running with the battery out and the usb cable in as suggestion in the forums. By doing this I am certain to have enough power.

But THE GOOD NEWS:

The problem is solved. I switch to a different SD card. And now the update works. And here is the surprise - the bad SD card (which operates fine otherwise) was a SanDisk card.

So, if you are having problems with update - and you have tried everything else - try another SD card.

Followup question: is there any software that verifies the integrity of an SD card?

Thanks to all who listened, read, and especially, responded.

G
garthoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 12:51 AM   #17
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
If you are using a pc there is a program called chkdsk that can check the SD card. You can tap the drive in my computer window and bring up properties to use it.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2008, 06:23 AM   #18
rickp
rickp began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook
For the record, I was able to update using a 2GB flash card once I'd partitioned it so that the first partition was under 1GB in size (and formatted as FAT-16).

Rick
rickp is offline   Reply With Quote