Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > Android Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-16-2015, 07:12 AM   #1
RedShadow
D00d
RedShadow will become famous soon enoughRedShadow will become famous soon enoughRedShadow will become famous soon enoughRedShadow will become famous soon enoughRedShadow will become famous soon enoughRedShadow will become famous soon enough

Device: PocketBook Lux 3 (626)
Unhappy Boyue T62+ Screen stuck

Sup guys,

I bought a Boyue T62+ on Banggood a few week ago. All was working fine, device was rooted, FBReader installed, etc.

Then one morning I just couldn't power it on. Looks like the battery was empty. Weird. So I charged the device, and then yeah I could power the device on alright.

And today, same stuff. My device was off, on the Chinese wallpaper thing. So I press power to light it on but nothing is happening. Oh well battery must be empty again... so I plugged the eReader to the computer and let it charge before attempting a new power on.

And... the screen flickers, and halfway through stop refreshing.
The device ends up connected to my computer, the drive letter gets mapped, and I can move files around and stuff.
It's just the screen that is stuck.

Unfortunately I can't post a picture yet. But to give you an idea, the screen shows a part of the Boyue starting screen, I can see the boat on the bottom but the left top hand quarter of the screen is like a gradient of grey, the top right quarter is full of vertical lines going downwards and overlapping parts of the boat.

It's all messed up.

I tried and reset the device, but it seems it did nothing.
Pressing power for 10secs to shut it off and then power it back on makes the top left quarter part of the screen flicker real quick. But then nothing.
:/

Tried to unbrick using RKBatchTool v1.7 but my device seems to not the recognized? I dunno, I have a Rockusb device appearing on Windows but the RKBatch dude doesn't detect anything. Also there ain't no T62+ firmwares yet here it seems.

The one sold by banggood reads "Boeye" as the Maker (not sure if misspell or not), the model is the rk30sdk, and the version is T62D.

EDIT: Added photograph

EDIT 2:
Actually the touchscreen works: after I plug the device to the computer and wait for the drives to be mapped, if I press to the bottom of the screen where there is the "Turn off USB storage" then it works. Crazy.
I would need to try and blindly manage to find my VNC server and launch it lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BoyueT62+_messedup.jpg
Views:	1396
Size:	141.8 KB
ID:	136086  

Last edited by RedShadow; 03-17-2015 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Added photograph
RedShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 11:36 AM   #2
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
Hmmm that looks suspiciously like broken eink screen to me
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2015, 01:29 PM   #3
RedShadow
D00d
RedShadow will become famous soon enoughRedShadow will become famous soon enoughRedShadow will become famous soon enoughRedShadow will become famous soon enoughRedShadow will become famous soon enoughRedShadow will become famous soon enough

What do you mean? You mean like the surface cracked and stuff due to some kinda hit or like fall of the device on the ground?

It's super smooth and the reader has always been in its case. Never fell, nor never had anything poked against the screen :/

Actually, it looks more like a "Line-out" to me --> Icarus Illumina HD - Screen issue page.
However I don't understand why such thing would happen a week after having used it.

So maybe I really broke it then? If so I don't see how.

EDIT: Nope you are right, I confused the screenshots on the above page. It looks just like a broken screen. Damn.

Last edited by RedShadow; 03-18-2015 at 01:32 PM.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:07 PM   #4
winstonma
Zealot
winstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Onyx Boox Nova
Yes it happened to me 3 years ago. I had a B&N Nook and suddenly the screen is cracked by me accidentally sit on the screen.

Whatever what happens you need a technical support because it is a hardware issue.
winstonma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 03:51 AM   #5
RedShadow
D00d

I contacted the banggood support and they asked me to provide a video showing the ereader, which I did. They said the screen was indeed broken and that it was not a product defect. I guess they are right.

Though I still can't figure out how I screwed the screen. This literally happened overnight. Or so I think. Seems to be my fault anyway. As far as I know nothing can be done to fix this.
Advert
Old 06-03-2015, 11:18 AM   #6
hob
Connoisseur
hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: none
You or they could probably contact Boyue/Boeye and ask for warranty information and if it's possible, send you a spare screen and instructions on how to replace it (either by you or someone who's capable of repairing electronics in your area).

Or if there are technical support centers for Icarus, Energy Sistem, or any other company that sell products made by Boeye, they could email them and ask them to repair your device (Only Energy Sistem would have the E-Ink Carta panels though)!

http://www.szboeye.com/contact.html
http://www.szboeye.com/support.html
(Chinese) http://www.boyue.com/

I had sent emails a few times to the email address in the first link (sales@szboeye.com) and they answered within a few working days. There are Skype and the Chinese QQ services' IDs there, too but I don't know if they'd answer them! There are a few phone numbers both on that page and on the back of the device's box, also an email address which is "by@boyue.com"; I don't know if emails under the Boyue.com domain would answer non-Chinese emails, tho.

If non of the above worked, you could ask someone who can read and speak Chinese to translate the papers that came inside the device's packaging and find out if there's any info about tech support on them or not (or even call and ask them)!
hob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 03:32 AM   #7
RedShadow
D00d

That's interesting, I supposed that none of this would work since Banggood told me "this should be more careful use."

I'll give it a shot. I got a QQ ID as well... hmm.
Thanks bro.
Old 07-03-2015, 06:32 AM   #8
Dai Shan
Dai Shan understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Dai Shan understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Dai Shan understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Dai Shan understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Dai Shan understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Dai Shan understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Dai Shan understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Dai Shan understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Dai Shan understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Dai Shan understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Dai Shan understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: PRS-T1, K4NT, Boyue T62
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShadow View Post
That's interesting, I supposed that none of this would work since Banggood told me "this should be more careful use."

I'll give it a shot. I got a QQ ID as well... hmm.
Thanks bro.
Were you able to get a replacement screen?

My screen did the same thing, although it was dropped about 6". Not a mark on it, but the screen started doing the lines.

I've emailed Boyue about a getting a replacement screen, but so for no reply.
Dai Shan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 09:22 AM   #9
RedShadow
D00d

I still haven't contacted Boeye, I gotta do it. Everytime I wanted to do it I got busy with something else. I will do it this week end.

EDIT:
I tied to contact Boeye from the english website. The QQ doesn't seem to do nothing, I managed to grab what I think is their QQ ID but it was found on the QQ network. And, the Skype dude never replied to me.
So today I went to the Chinese website and their QQ seem to work fine. I added them and asked the question. Let's wait now.
If this fail too, I will have to fallback on the sales email.

Last edited by RedShadow; 07-08-2015 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Update
Old 07-13-2015, 02:38 AM   #10
rootandroid
Enthusiast
rootandroid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rootandroid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rootandroid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rootandroid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rootandroid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rootandroid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rootandroid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rootandroid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rootandroid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rootandroid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rootandroid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S5
Ask for Warranty Dude

You should ask for warranty in Banggood support. If u think the damage is not you're fault.. Explain to them what happen i think they will listen.
rootandroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 03:45 AM   #11
RedShadow
D00d

I did, I contacted them and even made a video they were requesting. They said it was my fault since that kinda damage is made because of too much pressure on the screen.
So, no warranty.

And still no answer from Boeye, so I'm gonna use the sales email this time.
Old 07-13-2015, 05:10 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
This is not a warranty issue. A fractured screen substrate is caused by physical damage.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 04:32 AM   #13
yeahman45
yeahman45 began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62
Boyue T62+ screen very fragile?

sorry meant to create a thread but accidentally replied on this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...94#post3185494

Last edited by yeahman45; 10-10-2015 at 04:34 AM.
yeahman45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boyue, frozen, screen, stuck, t62d