Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-01-2011, 11:58 PM   #1
gracie
Enthusiast
gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Rooted Nook doesn't see books on SD Card

I rooted my Nook Color with a 16GB card running CM7.

While in android, I connected the NC to the PC and used Calibre on the PC to send books to the SD card (13.3GB), which Calibre thinks is main memory (I"m using Calibre 08.28, but it STILL has the Nook memory and SD card reversed, so in Calibre I sent the books to main memory).

In Android I verified the books are in the My Files/Books/<author>/books folder tree in the 13GB partition. I also verified there are no books in the Nook's memory. I can use Aldiko or cool reader, see the books, read the books, everything's fine.

BUT, when I boot back into a standard Nook Color and go into the library I can see both main memory and a "Memory Card". BUT, on the "Memory Card" I don't have any books. I connected the Nook to the PC, and in Disk Management I can see the "boot" partition on the SD card, which is about 118MB instead of 13GB. So, it appears I'm seeing two different partitions on the SD card.

Is it possible to have the Nook see the same partition - the 13GB one, ALL THE TIME? If so, what do I need to do to get this to work?
gracie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:30 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Welcome to Mobileread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie View Post
I rooted my Nook Color with a 16GB card running CM7.
Is it possible to have the Nook see the same partition - the 13GB one, ALL THE TIME? If so, what do I need to do to get this to work?
I don't have a rooted NC, but this question doesn't seem to me to be a question for the calibre forum. You might find an answer in the Nook Color forum.

Good Luck.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 12-02-2011 at 04:32 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2011, 08:39 PM   #3
gracie
Enthusiast
gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
OK, I'll move it over there... Thanks.
gracie is offline   Reply With Quote