Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-21-2011, 08:41 PM   #1
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Sssloow reaction in Dolphin

I'm starting to have problems in Dolphin. Major lag, no response when tapping on next page number or other links! I use advanced task killer to turn of apps running in the background, cleared the cache, moved a number of the apps to the sd card to free up space on the reader.

Anyone else having problems? Any suggestions?
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:45 PM   #2
hieronymos
Groupie
hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.

Device: Kobo Vox
If it was better before, maybe clear the history?
hieronymos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2011, 10:44 PM   #3
aycn602
aycn602 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
I have both opera and dolphin HD but for the most part I use opera to do websurfing etc.... its so much faster
aycn602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:58 PM   #4
Jesslynne
Zealot
Jesslynne doesn't litterJesslynne doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Mini
I'd begun with Dolphin.. I just wound up hating it because it was so unresponsive like that. I've since downloaded Opera and I'm much happier with it.
Jesslynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:34 AM   #5
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
Just curious, are people using opera mobile or opera mini?
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2011, 08:38 AM   #6
hieronymos
Groupie
hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.

Device: Kobo Vox
Have to second that. Opera works really well. Also, Dolphin collects your data without telling you. http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/news/...or-android.ars
hieronymos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:12 AM   #7
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by hieronymos View Post
Have to second that. Opera works really well. Also, Dolphin collects your data without telling you. http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/news/...or-android.ars
That was fixed. The new version of Dolphin HD does not do that.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:58 AM   #8
damoose
damoose began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Touch and Vox
True... So they say, but they didn't tell anyone they were doing it the first place. So did they really fix it? Or are they still sending the data (encrypted) and that is what is causing the hangs and slow downs while they search for the 'special' sauce to display websites that already display???

I'm just not sure so... Opera Mobile for me I think.
damoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:00 AM   #9
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_nobody View Post
Just curious, are people using opera mobile or opera mini?
I'm using opera mobile. I think it has more features than mini.

However, I've found opera doesn't work with youtube & gmail features
like the ability to do anything other than just read an email do not
work. I use dolphin most of the time.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote