Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-09-2011, 04:30 PM   #91
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Nice to know I didn't steer you wrong.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:49 PM   #92
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Can you all share the quality of the material used for the Case Crown. I know it's not leather (not a necessity), but is it aesthetically pleasing to a degree?

Anyone have a black one?

Last edited by SCION; 08-09-2011 at 04:53 PM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2011, 06:43 PM   #93
Techbar
TechnoGeek
Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Likebook Mars, Boox Kepler Pro, InkBook Obsidian
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Can you all share the quality of the material used for the Case Crown. I know it's not leather (not a necessity), but is it aesthetically pleasing to a degree?

Anyone have a black one?
My Case Crown arrived yesterday - only took about a week from order to delivery (and I'm in New Zealand!) which is way better than the actual Kobo Touch took when I ordered that from Borders. So CaseCrown get top marks for delivery.
It's a black case, has a textured finish and looks smart and looks a bit like a small day-planner. Quality seems excellent (won't know how well it stands up to wear untill I've had it longer but I can't see any reason why it shouldn't last). The Touch fits perfectly with unrestricted access to everything (even the power switch). The SD slot in the Touch is covered when the case is closed so that it can't get knocked and fall out (I understand the SD card protrudes a little bit but don't have one yet).
The Touch slips in easily but there is enough friction that it won't fall out but it can still easily be removed.
When the case is closed the thickness is about 24mm (just over twice as thick as the Touch without a case, otherwise it's only marginally bigger than the Touch.
In summary - very happy with it and can unreservedly recommend it to anyone who wants a book style cover in preference to a slip cover.
Techbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:11 PM   #94
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techbar View Post
My Case Crown arrived yesterday - only took about a week from order to delivery (and I'm in New Zealand!) which is way better than the actual Kobo Touch took when I ordered that from Borders. So CaseCrown get top marks for delivery.
It's a black case, has a textured finish and looks smart and looks a bit like a small day-planner. Quality seems excellent (won't know how well it stands up to wear untill I've had it longer but I can't see any reason why it shouldn't last). The Touch fits perfectly with unrestricted access to everything (even the power switch). The SD slot in the Touch is covered when the case is closed so that it can't get knocked and fall out (I understand the SD card protrudes a little bit but don't have one yet).
The Touch slips in easily but there is enough friction that it won't fall out but it can still easily be removed.
When the case is closed the thickness is about 24mm (just over twice as thick as the Touch without a case, otherwise it's only marginally bigger than the Touch.
In summary - very happy with it and can unreservedly recommend it to anyone who wants a book style cover in preference to a slip cover.
Thanks, I've added it to my cart on Amazon. Was waiting for some feedback before buying. Willing to spend the $18.18 (includes 2 day shipping).
Old 08-09-2011, 10:40 PM   #95
khourianya
TechnoBookworm
khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Kobo Glo, Kobo Mini
I think it's a fairly attractive case. It seems solidly built and doesn't feel (or smell) like cheap vinyl. The texture is very similar to the texture of my leather M-Edge case. Time will tell how it will hold up, but I think it's built to last.
khourianya is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2011, 11:12 PM   #96
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
It looks and feels like leather to me.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:48 AM   #97
molman
Evangelist
molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Where are those from downunder (AU/NZ) ordering theirs from (Crown Case)?
molman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:51 AM   #98
TedJ
Groupie
TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: Kobo Touch
I ordered mine from the Senyx Direct store on eBay. They're also available via amazon.

http://stores.ebay.com.au/senyxdirect

EDIT: I ended up paying ~$22.60 AUD including shipping.

Last edited by TedJ; 08-10-2011 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Added cost
TedJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:22 PM   #99
Techbar
TechnoGeek
Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Likebook Mars, Boox Kepler Pro, InkBook Obsidian
Quote:
Originally Posted by molman View Post
Where are those from downunder (AU/NZ) ordering theirs from (Crown Case)?
Yes, mine came from CaseCrown, US$21 plus about US$10 airmail shipping to NZ. At least they have reasonable international shipping rates unlike many US companies (like the ones who quote US$70 to ship a Kobo Touch when Borders were doing it for US$8.50!). They also included a free gift (a very small camera case).
From Scion's post it might be a little cheaper on Amazon (I didn't think to look there) but don't know what the shipping costs 'down under' might be like.
Techbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:00 AM   #100
molman
Evangelist
molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@TedJ, Techbar: Cheers. btw, do people get email updates for thread they are following? I occassionally get a bunch in one go, but most of the time I don't and have to jump around threads to see if anyone has replied.
molman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:07 AM   #101
Joybells
reddit, reddit, reddit
Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I ordered mine directly from Casecrown. It hasn't arrived yet, but still early days.
Joybells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:41 AM   #102
bossfan2000
Connoisseur
bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iPhone 6+, Kindle Voyage
I just ordered mine directly from Case Crown. Using the following coupon code, I also got 30% off: AUG30OFF. That took about $6 off the price, making it just over $15. Free US shipping, though I (probably stupidly) paid an extra $5 for priority USPS shipping. I guess I basically used the discount code to get quicker shipping. I'll give my thoughts on the case when it arrives sometime next week.
bossfan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:21 AM   #103
Tisdale
Bibliophile
Tisdale began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossfan2000 View Post
I just ordered mine directly from Case Crown. Using the following coupon code, I also got 30% off: AUG30OFF. That took about $6 off the price, making it just over $15. Free US shipping, though I (probably stupidly) paid an extra $5 for priority USPS shipping. I guess I basically used the discount code to get quicker shipping. I'll give my thoughts on the case when it arrives sometime next week.
Thanks for the coupon code! Pays for the shipping to Canada.
Tisdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:23 PM   #104
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJSawyer View Post
A guy on eBay named nickman9081 has the Kobo Touch covers -- exact same ones Chapters and Indigo sell, complete with the Indigo cardboard insert -- for Cdn$19.95 instead of Cdn$29.95, and with free shipping in Canada. He's got 100% positive feedback, but that's all I know about him. He's also got the Roots leather pouches that Chaptes and Indog sell, for just $18.95, instead of the $31.95 Chapters charges. Just search on "Kobo touch" to find his listings. He's based in Kanata, Ontario.

[Edited: just ordered one from him; I live in Ontario, but he didn't charge me sales tax. W00t!]
I ordered one of the Roots leather pouches from him, and I'm very happy with it.
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:02 PM   #105
SCION
Séduisant

My black Case Crown arrived today. Everyone was right about this being a great case. Looks much better than the photos. I'm not a big fan of the textured look in general (prefer smooth), but this is fine because it's a small footprint. Attractive, quality look. Most importantly the power switch isn't encumbered.

I paid $30 for the other cover I was using. Hopefully I can use it for another eReader in the near future. Maybe the upcoming touch Kindle will fit it.

Tags
case, kobo, touch case stand easel