Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-15-2011, 11:52 AM   #1
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Question Ln,FN to FN LN changes - Does it exist

Didn't their used to an option when editing in bulk to switch from LN,FN to FN LN? I remember using it before but now I cannot find it either in bulk or when editing individually. Has this option been removed?? Or am I having a senility moment??
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:17 PM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I think that option is called bulk search & replace. I certainly don't remember there being a button or selection that does it one-shot without user input.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2011, 03:53 PM   #3
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
I think that option is called bulk search & replace. I certainly don't remember there being a button or selection that does it one-shot without user input.
I don't see it in there, and for the record I wasn't looking for anything to do it for me. I vaguely remember being able to select the books and there being a checkbox to use to switch from ln,fn to fn ln but maybe I am remembering this from another program. I definitely know it wasn't in search & replace because I do not use that due to my lack of knowledge with regex.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:25 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
I don't see it in there, and for the record I wasn't looking for anything to do it for me. I vaguely remember being able to select the books and there being a checkbox to use to switch from ln,fn to fn ln but maybe I am remembering this from another program. I definitely know it wasn't in search & replace because I do not use that due to my lack of knowledge with regex.
The Bulk Edit : Search and replace tab is missing?

For Single Authors only

(.+), (.+)$
\2 \1 There is a space between
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 05:09 PM   #5
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
(.+), (.+)$
For clarification: The first line is the search expression, the second is the replacement text, and you'll need to switch the dialog to regex mode.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2011, 05:10 PM   #6
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
The Bulk Edit : Search and replace tab is missing?

For Single Authors only

(.+), (.+)$
This will take it from ln, fn to fn ln??
Old 05-15-2011, 05:13 PM   #7
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Thank you both, that is exactly what I needed. Big kudos to you.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:02 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Thank you both, that is exactly what I needed. Big kudos to you.
The Paren's contents are called back reference
the .+ is a wild card
so we have back reference #1 up to the first Comma space
Then we have back reference #2 to the end-of-line , the $

We replace them with \2 \1
The contents of back reference #2 (literal)space contents of back reference #1
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:53 PM   #9
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
The Paren's contents are called back reference
the .+ is a wild card
so we have back reference #1 up to the first Comma space
Then we have back reference #2 to the end-of-line , the $

We replace them with \2 \1
The contents of back reference #2 (literal)space contents of back reference #1
Thank you, I actually understand what you mean.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:45 AM   #10
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Thank you, I actually understand what you mean.
I'm glad someone did. All that was Greek to me.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:04 AM   #11
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
I'm glad someone did. All that was Greek to me.
Most of it usually is to me also, but in this instance I was able to understand what he was trying to tell me. That of course does not mean I am proficient enough to attempt to create my own regex expression.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:30 AM   #12
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
I don't see it in there, and for the record I wasn't looking for anything to do it for me. I vaguely remember being able to select the books and there being a checkbox to use to switch from ln,fn to fn ln
I use regex often, but, FWIW, I also vaguely recall a checkbox for swapping FN, LN. There's still one in the Add Books Preferences setup, but I think there was also one in metadata edit before S&R came along. In a sense, it became a tiny subset of the power supplied by S&R, so it became redundant, but only for those who are comfortable with S&R. (OTOH, maybe I'm confused, too, and I'm thinking of the swap author/title checkbox still found in bulk metadata edit).
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote