Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-24-2010, 09:40 AM   #1
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Thank you developers for a nice Christmas present - Version 0.7.35

Thank you developers for steady stream of improvements and enhancements. I each release I find something that makes me happy.

Today I found out that there is a new version 0.7.35 available. I have started downloading immediately.

The dialog panel for editing Book metadata was overhauled and I got a nice Christmas present. Now I can switch Book title and Author name with a single mouse click!

Have a Merry Christmas.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:25 AM   #2
mldavis2
Coffee Nut
mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3; K4PC; Calibre
There is no question that Calibre is a wonderful tool for conversion. In the spirit of the holiday season, it might be appropriate to send an appreciative contribution to the developer as a 'thank you' for his labor of love. And, no, I have no connection to anyone associated with Calibre. I'm just a new, happy recipient of his generosity!
mldavis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2010, 11:31 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Thank you developers for steady stream of improvements and enhancements. I each release I find something that makes me happy.

Today I found out that there is a new version 0.7.35 available. I have started downloading immediately.

The dialog panel for editing Book metadata was overhauled and I got a nice Christmas present. Now I can switch Book title and Author name with a single mouse click!

Have a Merry Christmas.
Sorry to rain on your Snow

That button has been there since sometime before I started using Calibre: 06.low_ numbers
I like the NEW placment, when they crew added the New Author sort field and button, it was too close for my comfort. Now, all is good (again)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:55 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You're welcome
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:54 PM   #5
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I do like those buttons, but don't like the new edit book screen... It's way too large.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2010, 02:48 PM   #6
JayLaFunk
Connoisseur
JayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
When I added some mobi>epub in Calibre, I edited & deleted the tags that were there as I don't like tags, converted them and everything was how I wanted it in Calibre but when I added them to my iPad, all the tags are still there to view, any ideas?
JayLaFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 04:54 PM   #7
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
What format are you using on your iPad? What method are you using to get the files onto the iPad?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 05:08 PM   #8
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Sorry to rain on your Snow

That button has been there since sometime before I started using Calibre: 06.low_ numbers
The button was there, I know, but usually the entire operation required more than one click.
Now it is organised differently and when you exchange Title and Author Name, you do not have to click again to have Author Sort correct.

I have been using Calibre (on and off) ever since it was called LibPRS-500. Back then its main function was communication with Sony PRS-500, so you didn't have to use bloody Sony software to load books to device.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 05:45 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
The button was there, I know, but usually the entire operation required more than one click.
Now it is organised differently and when you exchange Title and Author Name, you do not have to click again to have Author Sort correct.

I have been using Calibre (on and off) ever since it was called LibPRS-500. Back then its main function was communication with Sony PRS-500, so you didn't have to use bloody Sony software to load books to device.
You may be correct.
The few times I used it, I probably fixed A-S without thinking.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 06:03 PM   #10
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:

Have a Merry Christmas.
I second that. I am pretty new to all this ebook stuff and I really like Calibre. Glad I found it and this forum. Plus the developers are so willing to help out on this forum.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 06:06 PM   #11
garcle
Connoisseur
garcle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.garcle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.garcle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.garcle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.garcle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I do like those buttons, but don't like the new edit book screen... It's way too large.
The Edit Book Screen is re-sizeable with the "drag thingy" at the lower right corner of the dialog. I actually like it large. I like the new layout too with the description editor on the right with the wsysiwyg toolbar!
garcle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 06:28 PM   #12
JayLaFunk
Connoisseur
JayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
What format are you using on your iPad? What method are you using to get the files onto the iPad?
ePub on my iPad, drag & drop from my calibre library on my netbook with iTunes To my iPad (USB)
Old 12-24-2010, 07:02 PM   #13
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
If you are using Drag & Drop then you are getting the file 'as-is'. If you use the Connect to iTunes option to transfer books into iTunes, then Calibre will ensure that any metadata changes are applied before passing the book to iTunes.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 08:07 PM   #14
john_es
Connoisseur
john_es began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Indeed. The features and bug fixes were things I was both hoping for and wishing were fixed (like the titlebar in the ebook viewer).

Thanks!
john_es is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 04:31 AM   #15
JayLaFunk
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
If you are using Drag & Drop then you are getting the file 'as-is'. If you use the Connect to iTunes option to transfer books into iTunes, then Calibre will ensure that any metadata changes are applied before passing the book to iTunes.
Thanks for the reply...

I did originally transfer the files with my iPad connected through calibre but it was taking too long, 50 books took about 30 mins, drag & drop was much faster through iTunes , I thought that the file in my calibre library after my conversion would be free of the tags that I deleted in the meta editor...