Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 05:04 PM   #166
jaccar
jaccar began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo aura H2O
Need H2O iamge

Hi davidfor, can you please send me the Kobo Aura H2O SD image? Thanks!

I tried to upgrade my H2O and since then it no longer boots

i just got a screen flashing white

I tried the manual factory reset described previously but it did not work; just got the flashing screen

So could you send me the image file

Thanks
Old 08-18-2017, 06:50 PM   #167
Ralthuis
Ralthuis began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Hey all,

Yesterday I got an update for my Kobo Auro H2O, but it crashed while updating.
I tried to factory reset a couple times and now it's completely unresponsive.

Can someone send me the SD image? I'd be very grateful.

Thanks!
Old 08-18-2017, 09:37 PM   #168
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
jaccar, Ralthuis: PM sent.
Old 08-19-2017, 04:34 AM   #169
jaccar

Smile Kobo Aura H2O SD image

Hello

Thanks a lot Davidfor

First of all i think that the upgrade that failed was due to the installation of Koreader that i made long time ago

I put the image on the SD card but the writing failed after around 15%; something on my PC prevented to write to the third partition; i rebooted the PC and try again but got the same problem

As the 2 "internal" partition seems ok, i inserted the card in the kobo and it boots correctly and started the upgrade that was alreday downloaded

After that it started and i got the home screen but the screen was locked

I flashed the card again (with the same error) remove the directories of Koreader on the third partition

Started the Kobo again; it boots correctly without reinstalling the update that disappeared from the third partition after the first upgrade

I got the home screen with a message that there are some water on the screen and the screen was locked ...

I tried to clean the screen, force some reset and finally it's started correctly
and all the books and even the statistics were still there (as the third partition was not erased)

I did not yet try to reinstall the upgrade

once again thanks a lot for your help
Old 08-26-2017, 02:32 AM   #170
Serakonin
Serakonin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2o
Hello,

I've bricked my Kobo Aura h2o and I need the SD image please. I've tried all the factory reset options and contacted Kobo as well. I'm outside the warranty period so I have nothing to lose by gutting it and trying to replace the SD card.
Old 08-26-2017, 03:57 AM   #171
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 08-27-2017, 04:08 AM   #172
Serakonin
Serakonin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2o
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PM sent.
Thank you!
Old 08-27-2017, 10:26 AM   #173
jaccar

Kobo Aura H2O upgrade Ok after restoring SD image

As i'm back from holidays, i tried to upgrade my kobo aura H2O after having restored the image provided by Davidfor a few days ago, and it runs perfectly

I'm now on version 4.5.9587

Once again Thanks Davidfor
Old 08-27-2017, 03:40 PM   #174
alanrguez
alanrguez began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
Hello,

i need image to write to internal SD.
My kobo has a white screen
Old 08-28-2017, 05:38 AM   #175
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:44 AM   #176
alanrguez
alanrguez began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PM sent.
Thank so much.
Old 08-29-2017, 06:44 PM   #177
acrilico
acrilico began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura h2o
Hello, my Kobo Aura h2o is bricked and I need the SD image to repair it, please. Thanks.
Old 08-29-2017, 07:45 PM   #178
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 08-30-2017, 05:48 AM   #179
Zomkey
Zomkey began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O Ed-1
Hi all
I am newbie Kobo )
I have Kobo aura H2O. So please guide me clearly
1. How to upgrader Memory SD card inside.
2. How to install KSM.
3. How to root and install Android.
4. Please send to me Fatory img file.
Thank all so so much !
Old 08-30-2017, 06:09 AM   #180
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomkey View Post
Hi all
I am newbie Kobo )
I have Kobo aura H2O. So please guide me clearly
1. How to upgrader Memory SD card inside.
2. How to install KSM.
3. How to root and install Android.
4. Please send to me Fatory img file.
Thank all so so much !
Your Aura H2O is running fine? In that case, you don't need an image. If you are opening the device to put a bigger card in, then create an image from the current card.

The instructions to do this are in Memory Upgrade Mod Guide. They are for the Glo, but the basic steps and tools are the same.

For the rest, the threads discussing them are here. It won't take any effort at all to find them yourself.
Closed Thread

Tags
flash, h2o, image, sdcard, sdcard-image