Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-10-2012, 11:21 PM   #61
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
Scary!!!
"Music has charms to soothe a savage breast." - William Congreve
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:09 AM   #62
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
That music seem composed in order to wake up the savage beast.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:45 AM   #63
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
That music seem composed in order to wake up the savage beast.
And here's one to wake the timid beast

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:52 AM   #64
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Guess I'm a timid beast. That one I could even fall asleep to.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:08 PM   #65
ebusinesstutor
Star Gawker
ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Here are the apps I use most often:

Groceries - Out Of Milk
Pulse.me - Online news
Catch - for notes
Camera - DSLR Control - lets me view my camera screen on my smart phone
Astronomy - Sky Safari
eReading - Aldiko
ebusinesstutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:41 PM   #66
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
Over the past couple of years I have tried so many apps, but the ones which have stuck are:

Nova - my favourite launcher on both my phone and my tablet.
Executive Assistant - allows me to see quickly my emails, texts, calendar, tasks and missed calls all from one screen on my phone.
Pocket Informant - the best looking calendar/tasks organiser I have tested on my tablet.
Tapatalk
Tunein pro
Dice - has coped with every video I have thrown at it.
Flixster - I travel a lot and this is just perfect for quickly letting me know what is on at the local cinema
BBC News - perfect on my phone for giving me a quick update on the news and sport
Yahoo cricket - very quick and reliable cricket updates
SwiftKey keyboard - I use this on both tablet and phone
Firefox beta - I have tried so many browsers and this one has caused me fewest issues. It has even caused me to return to Firefox on my Macbook so that I can make full use of the bookmark and password sync.
Kingsoft Office - pretty decent at handling my work documents
CloudPrint - does what it says
Train Tickets by Cross Country - never failed me yet on UK rail timetables and ticket purchase
Skyscanner
London Underground - has both a map and a route planner
Green Power battery saver - only used on my phone, but simple and reliable
exDialer - contacts and dialer in a nice simple interface on my phone
MoveApps2sd
Evernote
Dropbox
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:59 PM   #67
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
airdroid is very nice
One more vote for AirDroid!
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:19 PM   #68
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebusinesstutor View Post
Here are the apps I use most often:

Groceries - Out Of Milk
Pulse.me - Online news
Catch - for notes
Camera - DSLR Control - lets me view my camera screen on my smart phone
Astronomy - Sky Safari
eReading - Aldiko
I also use Catch and Aldiko. Great apps!
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:28 PM   #69
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
My top apps are, in no specific order:

Tasker (automate tasks on your phone)
NFC Launcher (automate tasks via NFC tags)
FlipBoard (news aggregator)
TouchDown email
Android notifier (receive desktop notifications for SMS, calls, battery alerts)
AirDroid (control your phone from your desktop)
SlideIt Keyboard
Remote Launcher (launch apps on your PC via your phone, or power down/reboot your PC)
XBMC remote
Google Maps
GTalk (IM and video conf)
Dropbox
HandyScanner (scan docs using the camera)

I'm probably missing a few, but these are most of them.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:29 PM   #70
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
google sky!

Tunein Radio

The Weather channel
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:14 AM   #71
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
google sky!

Tunein Radio

The Weather channel
I use all these apps every day
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:44 PM   #72
Hopskinny
Enthusiast
Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopskinny View Post
(snip)

I have found that a good way to get books on to my Nexus 7 (in the absence of USB flash drive access until my adapter arrives from the US of A!) is to use Dropbox and Mantano Reader. (snip)
I can now add Nexus Photo Viewer and Nexus Media Importer to my list of favourite apps. My USB pen drive adapter has arrived, and both of these apps work with it, enabling me to view or import photos and video that are on a pen drive. You can use an OTG cable but they are very expensive in NZ compared with the price of an adapter.

This means that the absence of an SD card slot on the Nexus 7 no longer is an issue. The adapter cost $US2.00 for a pair (free postage to NZ by the way), and I already have a collection of USB drives. The apps are free from the PlayStore.
Hopskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:41 PM   #73
foosion
Connoisseur
foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Pixel 4a
Quote:
I can now add Nexus Photo Viewer and Nexus Media Importer to my list of favourite apps. My USB pen drive adapter has arrived, and both of these apps work with it, enabling me to view or import photos and video that are on a pen drive. You can use an OTG cable but they are very expensive in NZ compared with the price of an adapter.
Please link to the USB pen drive adapter. Everything I've seen is an OTG cable, such as http://www.amazon.com/T-Flash-Adapte.../dp/B005FUNYSA
foosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:39 AM   #74
Hopskinny
Enthusiast
Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by foosion View Post
Please link to the USB pen drive adapter. Everything I've seen is an OTG cable, such as http://www.amazon.com/T-Flash-Adapte.../dp/B005FUNYSA
http://dx.com/p/micro-usb-on-the-go-...ter-pair-50774
Hopskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:17 PM   #75
foosion
Connoisseur
foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Pixel 4a
Quote:
Nice and compact!

BTW, the photo importer is free, but the media importer is $3. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ususb.importer
foosion is offline   Reply With Quote