Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-30-2010, 01:10 PM   #1
PegS
Connoisseur
PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NOOKcolor
"Open Book" icon on status bar

Apologies for starting a new thread. I thought I read about how, with a rooted NC, people noticed the "Open Book" icon on the status bar no longer worked, but I can't find it. I was wondering if that was the case for everyone and if anyone had found a workaround.
PegS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:24 PM   #2
The Joker
Addict
The Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookColor.........rooted
I've noticed that mine works sometimes......other times it doesn't..........
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2010, 01:28 PM   #3
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
If you uninstall SoftKeys it should work all of the time (including from the launcher). Many have replaced SoftKeys with Button Savior.

Last edited by SCION; 12-30-2010 at 01:34 PM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:29 PM   #4
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
I noticed that behaviour on mine after installing apps. However, after rebooting, it works. So, now, as a matter of course, after I install or uninstall anything, I reboot.
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:41 PM   #5
zeroh
Zealot
zeroh doesn't litterzeroh doesn't litter

Device: nook color
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
If you uninstall SoftKeys it should work all of the time (including from the launcher). Many have replaced SoftKeys with Button Savior.
Doesn't work for me either with Softkeys uninstalled.
zeroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2010, 01:42 PM   #6
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Did you reboot? What launcher are you using? You need to access the book again for it to take. Open the book, then open something else, then try the book icon.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:59 PM   #7
zeroh
Zealot
zeroh doesn't litterzeroh doesn't litter

Device: nook color
Ok.. I got it to work by opening the book in the default home, closing, and using the book icon. After that, it opens when using Zeam as well but it seems a bit slow - takes a second or two to open the book.
zeroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:00 PM   #8
SCION
Séduisant

I'm using ADW. There's no lag, but the main thing is the functionality hasn't been lost.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:18 PM   #9
Rayven01
Nevermore
Rayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Nook, Nook Color, Stanza(iphone)
In order for the icon to work, you have to open the B&N home at least once after a restart. Even if you don't use it as your default launcher.
Rayven01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:41 PM   #10
Tess89
Enthusiast
Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I concur with the above post. I use Zeam and can't get it to work unless I launch it from the stock home screen first.
Tess89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:21 PM   #11
The Joker
Addict
The Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookColor.........rooted

Doing this makes it work for me....and I still have softkeys installed (I've got button savior as well, I've been hesitant to remove softkeys, since I just figured them out)
ADW launcher...
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:26 PM   #12
SCION
Séduisant

Works for me as well. Hmmm, so it wasn't the SoftKeys after all. I must have been inadvertently doing this when I returned to the stock home screen to access recently read books.

Sorry for blaming SoftKeys. Re-install it if you want to.

I can openly admit my mistakes.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:42 PM   #13
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
My device isn't rooted, but the return to book link seems very buggy. It will always take me back to the book I was reading, but sometimes it goes to my last page read, but most of the time it takes me back to the cover page. All of my content is sideloaded so that might make a difference. Does anyone else have this issue?
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:45 PM   #14
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodbar View Post
My device isn't rooted, but the return to book link seems very buggy. It will always take me back to the book I was reading, but sometimes it goes to my last page read, but most of the time it takes me back to the cover page. All of my content is sideloaded so that might make a difference. Does anyone else have this issue?
I was pondering this today. Assumed it had something to do with being rooted. Most of my content is sideloaded.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:57 PM   #15
PegS
Connoisseur
PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NOOKcolor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayven01 View Post
In order for the icon to work, you have to open the B&N home at least once after a restart. Even if you don't use it as your default launcher.
Ahhh, makes sense. Erm...now I just have to figure out how to get back to the stock home.
PegS is offline   Reply With Quote