Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 10-06-2019, 09:03 PM   #1
jjalvo
jjalvo began at the beginning.

Device: ipad mini 4 & iphone xr
Red face [IOS] Can No Longer Sort By Author

Hi There, Thanks for letting me join your group. I'm a long time user of CC and haven't had any problems until the last few months. I can no longer sort my books by author, only by the first letter if their name.

The other issue I have is that occasionally when I tap on a book to look at it's details, CC will close.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I might be able to fix these issues? Thanks.
jjalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 05:32 AM   #2
GijsH1953
GijsH1953 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad air 2
Hallo there, i have the same problem with sorting in groups. All the books disapeard in Groups. i thought i find the solution to import all the books again from Calibre and it's works. Problem solveld!! Then i delete a book from CC the app (on a Ipad air2) closed and after starting up all the books desaperd again from Groups.
GijsH1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 04:26 PM   #3
tas03
Zealot
tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Nook Glowlight +, Nook Tab. , Nook Simple Touch, iPad Air, iPhone 6Se
GijsH1953 - I have had the same sort of thing. It seems like every time I look at groups there is a different number of books in each category on mu iPad. Fortunately groups still work on my iPhone so when I am ready for a new book and I am not home I have to look at my phone, pick the book, search for the author on the iPad because searching still does not completely work.
tas03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 03:36 AM   #4
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Yea, I've been running into the same issue. I think the issue is triggered if you try to connect and download books in two different ways, at least that what triggered it for me on my iPad mini. My solution is to remove the app, re-install the app, then download all the books again.

We all know that the current release got put out by mistake and for some reason the person who took over the project is having trouble finding developers to fix the problems. It's a very unfortunate situation. I wish we could somehow roll back to the previous release, which at least seemed to be stable.

Until these bugs get fixed, I guess the thing to do is don't do things that trigger the bugs. I've confirmed that one behavior that triggers the issue is
1) download most of the books via wireless.
2) then download a few via content server
3) delete a book downloaded via content server

so, now I've got both my devices more or less working correctly, I'm just going to make sure I only use wireless to download my books. I use content server when I've loaded some new books into Calibre, but don't have my iPad by the computer.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 09:11 AM   #5
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Thank you so very much! This is so very helpful. I can now use CC again, not as great as before, but still usable. I deleted CC, reinstalled, copied books from Calibre using wireless, and I can find them in the author's list again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Yea, I've been running into the same issue. I think the issue is triggered if you try to connect and download books in two different ways, at least that what triggered it for me on my iPad mini. My solution is to remove the app, re-install the app, then download all the books again.

We all know that the current release got put out by mistake and for some reason the person who took over the project is having trouble finding developers to fix the problems. It's a very unfortunate situation. I wish we could somehow roll back to the previous release, which at least seemed to be stable.

Until these bugs get fixed, I guess the thing to do is don't do things that trigger the bugs. I've confirmed that one behavior that triggers the issue is
1) download most of the books via wireless.
2) then download a few via content server
3) delete a book downloaded via content server

so, now I've got both my devices more or less working correctly, I'm just going to make sure I only use wireless to download my books. I use content server when I've loaded some new books into Calibre, but don't have my iPad by the computer.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 01:33 AM   #6
jjalvo
jjalvo began at the beginning.

Device: ipad mini 4 & iphone xr
Thanks for the responses. My issue is still continuing and it seems to be affecting the authors when they are sorted and my app will close sometimes when I look at the books details. I can now sort the books by Date and that puts them into alphabetical order but I do not have the corresponding index running down the side so I still have to scroll through all of my books to find what I want.
I have deleted the app, restored my iPad to factory settings and then started from scratch again but it still didn't work. I hope it can be fixed soon because it is soooooo frustrating especially when you finally get to the book you want, tap it to look at the details and the app closes.
jjalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 01:20 PM   #7
mdclanahan
Connoisseur
mdclanahan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad 6th Gen
[IOS] Can No Longer Sort By Author

I'm having the issue involving not being able to sort authors in true alphabetical order. They're grouped by first letter of last name; they used to be in alphabetical order. It's very frustrating, with a fairly large library, to scroll through all of the names starting with a certain letter to find the books by that author. Has anyone found a solution? All my books were loaded via wireless, but I didn't have them sorted by author at the time. Should I start over and try to sync them again with Calibre on my Mac sorted by author?

Edit: Removed all books from my iPhone and then sent them back with books sorted by author in Calibre. Everything is still messed up in CC. Fix this, @samcohen, or your user base will abandon you.

Last edited by mdclanahan; 12-03-2019 at 10:18 PM.
mdclanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 07:39 PM   #8
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, that's a bummer. CC has gone bonkers on my iPad Pro again. No idea what triggered it. I sure hope it gets fixed soon.
Old 12-04-2019, 08:01 PM   #9
mdclanahan
Connoisseur
mdclanahan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad 6th Gen
I see some of you may have had some success with deleting and reinstalling the app before sending the books back to your phone using wireless connection. I'll try that this evening. This is so terribly disappointing. It was a perfectly functional app, and now this new developer takes over, messes everything up, and wants to charge us a monthly subscription fee for his "service." Psshh.

Does anyone have any recommendations for an alternative app that will let me sort by Calibre tag?

Last edited by mdclanahan; 12-04-2019 at 08:03 PM.
mdclanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 01:57 AM   #10
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
[QUOTE=mdclanahan;3923789
Does anyone have any recommendations for an alternative app that will let me sort by Calibre tag?[/QUOTE]

Look at using ODPS within an app that supports it. it's explained in other recent threads here
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 10:08 AM   #11
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Right now it appears if you do anything that adds or deletes books, then the bug is triggered. Connecting wirelessly and pushing to the iDevice appears to mostly work.
Old 12-05-2019, 10:52 AM   #12
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Right now it appears if you do anything that adds or deletes books, then the bug is triggered. Connecting wirelessly and pushing to the iDevice appears to mostly work.
but its been broken for weeks.

the indifference/ lack of willingness to push out a hot fix is alarming

how hard can it be to re-code and remove that bug? or is delaying in order to add new, prettier screens as per other threads really so much more important

seems like supporting the folks who have already paid comes very low on the developers to-do list
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote