Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-19-2020, 05:08 PM   #1
The Zinc Girl
The Zinc Girl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kindle keeps rejecting emailed book sent via Calibre

Hi,
I have been using calibre for years and have never had a problem emailing books to kindle email addresses. All the kindle addresses I send to are set up to send in MOBI format. All of a sudden the books are being rejected. This is the message I receive :

Dear Customer,

The following document, sent at 09:04 PM on Wed, Feb 19, 2020 GMT could not be delivered to the Kindle you specified:
* Unbroken_ A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption - Laura Hillenbrand.MOBI

The Kindle Personal Document Service can convert and deliver the following types of documents:
Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx)
Rich Text Format (.rtf)
HTML (.htm, .html)
Text (.txt) documents
Archived documents (zip , x-zip) and compressed archived documents
Mobi book

Images that are of type JPEGs (.jpg), GIFs (.gif), Bitmaps (.bmp), and PNG images (.png).
Adobe PDF (.pdf) documents are delivered without conversion to Kindle DX, Second Generation and Latest Generation Kindles.

Adobe PDF (.pdf) can be converted to Kindle format and delivered on an experimental basis.

If the document that failed belonged to one of the above document types, please ensure the document is not password protected or encrypted. Note that the Latest Generation Kindles support password protected PDFs.

Does anyone know why this is happening? I have been sending to kindle addresses for years...never had this problem before. I did some testing this afternoon and every single kindle address rejects my calibre sent books. I have no problem sending books (EPUB) to non Kindle emails. Please help
The Zinc Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 06:31 PM   #2
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Since today I have the same problem. Don't know why.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2020, 07:18 PM   #3
Jezibelle
Your mom, probably.
Jezibelle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
OH MAN. I'm glad to see this. Although I wish I'd seen it hours ago, as I've wasted entirely too much time on my precious day off trying to fix this issue, thinking I was doing something wrong or accidentally changed a setting. I just joined this forum because I was going to ask for help with it. Anyone figure it out?
Jezibelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 09:41 PM   #4
Thurbs
Thurbs began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Same problem here, tried converting to different formats MOBI,PDF and still getting the rejection from Amazon.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thurbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 10:17 PM   #5
McKnitter
McKnitter began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zinc Girl View Post
Hi,
I have been using calibre for years and have never had a problem emailing books to kindle email addresses. All the kindle addresses I send to are set up to send in MOBI format. All of a sudden the books are being rejected. This is the message I receive :
. . . .

Does anyone know why this is happening? I have been sending to kindle addresses for years...never had this problem before. I did some testing this afternoon and every single kindle address rejects my calibre sent books. I have no problem sending books (EPUB) to non Kindle emails. Please help
Same here! I thought maybe there was some conflict with Malwarebytes or AdGuard or something that was affecting the attachment on my emails.

I've tried sending mobi books that are already in My Content on Amazon (so I know they "work"), but no luck. Same message.

McKnitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2020, 10:53 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That's a message from amazons server, you'd have to ask amazon customer support why they have suddenly started rejecting books they previously accepted. If I had to guess, its most liely a bug in their service and should be fixed in a day or two.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 11:10 PM   #7
McKnitter

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
That's a message from amazons server, you'd have to ask amazon customer support why they have suddenly started rejecting books they previously accepted. If I had to guess, its most liely a bug in their service and should be fixed in a day or two.
That was my guess, so I'll wait it out. Meanwhile I can side-load to my Kindle to read.

Thanks, Kovid!
Old 02-19-2020, 11:37 PM   #8
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I know that the file I tried to send to my kindle via email from a recipe that DL'd a few hours did that.

Occasionally, resending a file Amazon rejected works. didn't work in this case.
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 03:26 PM   #9
Thurbs
Thurbs began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I talked to Kindle support via chat they are aware of the issue and are working on it.
Thurbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 06:26 PM   #10
Jezibelle
Your mom, probably.
Jezibelle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
It seems to be fixed now!
Jezibelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 09:06 PM   #11
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I concur. It seems it was fixed for me early-ish this morning Chicago time.
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 08:56 PM   #12
McKnitter

WOOHOO - all fixed now!
Old 02-22-2020, 06:27 PM   #13
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKnitter View Post
WOOHOO - all fixed now!
To add a minor correction to your post—all fixed FOR now!
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 06:49 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKnitter View Post
That was my guess, so I'll wait it out. Meanwhile I can side-load to my Kindle to read.

Thanks, Kovid!
When you do side load, side load KF8 and not Mobi.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 12:50 AM   #15
McKnitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
To add a minor correction to your post—all fixed FOR now!
Ha! True. You never know what's coming next! Or should I say, what's failing next?