Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-12-2020, 07:23 PM   #1
Alekho
Alekho began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
Go to a random book, but do not open it

I guess I could make a plugin myself, but last time I made one it turned out the feature was already built in, so I'll ask: is there a way to go to a random book in the current search results (if any search applied at all) but without opening it?
Alekho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 07:29 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I click the Dice Icon (you may need to add it to the toolbar) , and that is what it does: Jumps to a place in the list
(What you describe is on the View (read) menu)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2020, 07:32 PM   #3
Alekho

Yup, that's what I do too. Except that it opens the book (in my PDF reader or in the Calibre ebook viewer, depending on the format). Is there a way to configure it to not open it?
Old 02-12-2020, 07:42 PM   #4
Alekho

Could not find Edit button. Found it. It's a separate functionality but as far as I can tell it's only accessible via the toolbar and has to be added
Old 02-12-2020, 08:17 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alekho View Post
Yup, that's what I do too. Except that it opens the book (in my PDF reader or in the Calibre ebook viewer, depending on the format). Is there a way to configure it to not open it?
Ah! The key(word) you supplied:
The dice SELECTS a book. I set the tweak (when you hit enter): to DO NOTHING I have to press F2 o V(iew)

Preferences: Tweaks: ID: doubleclick_on_library_view
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2020, 09:11 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The Pick a random book tool doesn't automatically open books, it just goes to a random book in the list as shown. By default double click will open the book, enter does nothing.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote