Old 02-05-2020, 08:43 PM   #31
kaixjer
kaixjer began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue Likebook Mars, Kobo Aura H2Ov1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldy View Post
Likebook Mars T80D BYRead-V2.2.0-2020011014
update.zip
Works perfectly using the Update from Memory function, thanks!
kaixjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 08:04 AM   #32
ilyats
Enthusiast
ilyats doesn't litterilyats doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook Muses T78D
Quote:
update.zip
Does it mean Boyue decided to take back the update?
ilyats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 03:27 PM   #33
airbus02
airbus02 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pw3
I have no idea. Communication with Boyue about its firmware is best described as imperfect. I bought my Mars last week and it had the 1.3 version on it. When I tried to update via wifi, it said that I had the latest version. I thought 1.3 was pretty liveable, but decided to check out the newer firmware.

I'm in the camp of those who like the newer firmware better, though it does appear to take longer to boot. Having airplane mode so handy does help with battery life. The new home screen also divides it clearly into reader mode vs. tablet mode and I like that as well. I have no idea if it's more stable or faster.
airbus02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 01:59 PM   #34
ilyats
Enthusiast
ilyats doesn't litterilyats doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook Muses T78D
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus02 View Post
I have no idea. Communication with Boyue about its firmware is best described as imperfect. I bought my Mars last week and it had the 1.3 version on it. When I tried to update via wifi, it said that I had the latest version. I thought 1.3 was pretty liveable, but decided to check out the newer firmware.
Boyue seems to claim their update server has been shut down for Chinese holiday season.
ilyats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 05:55 AM   #35
Jinz
Jinz began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars, Imcosys V6l, Trekstor Pyrus
Quote:
update.zip
Thank you, thats very valuable even in case future updates should go somehow wrong.

How can we download these update.zip from Boyue server ourselves? Did you read the URL from some config file on the reader?
Jinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 06:25 AM   #36
Waldy
Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo,Tolino,BN,PB,Kindle,Likebook,Inkbook
@Jinz
I extracted the update file “BYRead-V2.2.0-2020011014” from ereader, which came over WiFi and renamed it “update.zip”.
Waldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 08:21 PM   #37
fduniho
Zealot
fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle Touch, Fire, DX, Paperwhite 4; Rooted Nook ST; Likebook Mars
Quote:
update.zip
Thanks, that worked.

Now that I have the latest version of the firmware, I am testing to find out what values the preset lighting values are. Day is 10 suns and one or zero moons. Night is 10 moons and one or zero suns. In each case, I can't tell 10,0 from 10,1. If you get more orange on your device than I do on mine, it might be easier to tell the difference. So, if anyone wants to check that, it would be helpful. Bed is one sun and two moons. This one is easier to tell, because the single sun makes more of a difference when the only other light is two moons.
fduniho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 06:39 PM   #38
wobolo
wobolo began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Hey, the new FW update seems to have killed my system.
Already tried updating manually with Waldy's update files without any success. I also tried flashing the FW with Waldy's dump files from another thread without any success. (rkflashtool, wiped cache, flashed system and even kernel after no success)

So i'm still stuck in recovery for now. Does anybody have an idea to get it working again?
wobolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 01:45 PM   #39
Waldy
Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo,Tolino,BN,PB,Kindle,Likebook,Inkbook
@wobolo
I did this a few dozen times on different Likebook Mars, never had a problem.
If you are returning from 2.2.0, for example, to 1.1.1 or to 1.1.3, you must then go to the Recovery Menu again and make Wipe data/factory reset.
Waldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 06:19 PM   #40
wobolo

@Waldy
I should probably clarify what i tried to fix my broken system so far in detail:

-Updating Manually
I copied both your provided update packages (2.2.0 and 1.1.1) to the SD card and tried to update manually from there. The result is my Mars being stuck on "Verifying update package..." for 60 minutes for both updates, so i aborted the process.

-Flashing the system
Factory reset the device first, restarted into bootloader, flashed system.img from your 1.1.3 dump from this post to the system partition using rkflashtool, restarted, crashed back to recovery. Cleared data again, restarted, crashed again.

Is there anything I've been missing?
Old 02-18-2020, 04:58 AM   #41
Niklz
Niklz can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Niklz can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Niklz can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Niklz can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Niklz can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Niklz can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Niklz can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Niklz can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Niklz can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Niklz can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Niklz can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
You have two update files on SD, why? Delete one.
Niklz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 05:47 PM   #42
wobolo

I meant, that i tried using two different update.zip's to update. I do not keep them both on the SD card simultaneously.
Old 02-18-2020, 06:19 PM   #43
sagutxo
sagutxo got an A in P-Chem.sagutxo got an A in P-Chem.sagutxo got an A in P-Chem.sagutxo got an A in P-Chem.sagutxo got an A in P-Chem.sagutxo got an A in P-Chem.sagutxo got an A in P-Chem.sagutxo got an A in P-Chem.sagutxo got an A in P-Chem.sagutxo got an A in P-Chem.sagutxo got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Boyue LikeBook Mars T80D, Tagus Lux 2015, Papyre 6.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobolo View Post
I meant, that i tried using two different update.zip's to update. I do not keep them both on the SD card simultaneously.
Try using the update.zip in the internal, without the SD.
sagutxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 06:45 PM   #44
wobolo

Ok, so i finally found some time to setup ADB on my computer and flashed the V2.2.0 update.zip via adb. That finally fixed my T80D.

Last edited by wobolo; 02-18-2020 at 06:48 PM.
Old Today, 03:01 AM   #45
notimp
Addict
notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2i
Someone should maybe mention the most important new feature that came with the update. No?

Well - then I do it. As mentioned in the changelog, when you venture into the the default read environment/readers settings > more settings - there is an option to enable ZReader.

ZReader is an entirely new reader engine (parser/browser), that for the first time supports html markup, and for the first time as well, supports soft hyphens.

Which means, that the Boyue ereaders native reader environment can now be used for languages that dont have an average word length of three characters (joking) like english.

There is a downside though - and that is, that most of the paragraph setting tools are getting more corse (less fine tunable) to use.

The main issue right now f.e. is that if you feed it a book with no page borders defined in the epub - margin-top, will be basically 0 regardless of tunable settings.

See:

If anyone can get in touch with Boyue, this is the first thing they should try to fix/address in zReader.

Regardless - soft-hyphens working on Boyues built in reader is kind of a big deal.

Which of course no one here noticed. You're welcome.

Last edited by notimp; Today at 04:33 AM.
notimp is offline   Reply With Quote