Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-16-2020, 05:05 PM   #1
Silarona
Silarona began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 614W
614W status frozen

Hi!
A few months back my ebook just froze in one status - I can turn it off an on perfectly, if I turn it on I can navigate, do anything, then if I turn it off and on again, it returns to the state it froze in a few months ago. I can't add or delete books, because they disappear/reappear when restarted. I can't add new bookmarks or notes. My last book and last visited page disappears too.

I've tried reformatting and deleting everything multiple times but no luck. The software should be up to date. A friend got the same model around the same time as me (nearly exactly 4 years before it froze) and he has the same problem. Any ideas?
Silarona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 09:29 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
It sounds like your internal flash memory is dying and now cannot be written to. It can only read the same frozen status over and over. I don't know if the internal memory can be replaced in a 614. Perhaps reading the thread about replacing the SD card in a 626 will give you some ideas.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 03:36 AM   #3
Silarona
Silarona began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 614W
Thank you rkomar! It could be that the internal memory's lifespan was simply four years, then. I'll try that thread!
Silarona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 04:53 PM   #4
anonymust
Book Reader
anonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Pocketbook *** (Touch HD 3)
Hmmm sounds like an issue I was having also....

Thought it was a faulty update, but it keep asking me to do something with my flash memory card.

I have a PocketBook Touch Lux 3

The hourglass 'loading' was just on my screen for days, i keept turning it on and off with the power button.. finally got it on and did a factory reset to bring it back to new.. . everything works fine now.

Last edited by anonymust; 03-07-2020 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Added more details
anonymust is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen