Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-12-2020, 03:32 PM   #1
mtreader
Enthusiast
mtreader began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook inkpad 3 pro
Save to Pocketbook vs Pocket

If anyone out there has experience saving web articles to their ereader with both Save to Pocketbook and the Pocket app (on Kobo or Android ereaders), I'd love to learn how they compare. I've searched the web and found no such comparison. Thanks!
mtreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 08:39 AM   #2
Lykke
Connoisseur
Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 3
"Send to Pocketbook" is an email service; you send an email to an address you are assigned by Pocketbook, with the attachment you want to deliver to your Pocketbook device. When you next connect to Wi-Fi (if auto-sync is on) the attachment will be downloaded to a folder called "Send to Pocketbook" (or something like that). Nothing more. I've used the Firefox extension "Push to Kindle" in the past; it generates an EPUB file from the web page you request and sends it to an email address you provide. Works well in my experience, and it had no trouble generating well-formatted EPUBs.

That's all there is to the "Send to Pocketbook" service. Don't get me wrong, it works well, but don't expect "Pocket"'s functionalities to be there.
Lykke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 12:04 PM   #3
mtreader
Enthusiast
mtreader began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook inkpad 3 pro
Thanks, Lykke. I think that rules out Pocketbook readers for me -- using Pocket with my Kobo is too useful to leave behind.

I'm still considering Android readers that enable Pocket integration because I'd like to have the ability to highlight/export excerpts from articles saved via Pocket. If anyone has tried that, I'd love to hear your thoughts.
mtreader is offline   Reply With Quote