Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 02-02-2020, 07:17 PM   #1
Spectralis
Enthusiast
Spectralis began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Max 2
Ares Questions

1. I recently bought the Ares but it's only on version: BYRead-V1.1.5-2019120415. When I try to update to the latest version it is unavailable and says that my device is up to date. I own the Mars and the Mimas which are both on v2 of the software so I know this is not right. When will the latest update for Ares be available again? I want to use the Text-to-speech output with my PDF's and that only seems available in v2.

2. The Ares is capable of OTG but when I connect a USB C to audio connection (for wired headphones) it works but the sound crackles. I've tried adjusting the Ares media volume but this doesn't help. The OTG device doesn't show up in Ares unlike OTG devices on my Onyx Max 2. Is there any way to adjust OTG devices in Ares?

3. I also connected a USB C hub to the Ares and it recognizes USB storage devices connected to the hub. I can search and eject the USB storage.

4. The USB C hub also has an ethernet connection but the Ares does not connect to the internet. I also own the Onyx Max 2 and when I connect a USB 3 hub with ethernet it connects to the internet. Why does it work on the Max 2 and not on the Ares? They're both meant to recognize OTG devices.

5. Has anyone experimented with OTG devices with Mimas/Ares/Alita? I'm starting to wish I had waited until Amazon restocked the Onyx Nova Pro considering the Ares is still waiting for v2 to be released again.
Spectralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 04:58 AM   #2
ottischwenk
Addict
ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: B Ares/Alita, OB Poke Pro, Tol Epos2/Shine3/Shine2/Page2, Sony PRST2
Perhaps you have to wait till Android 8 will be released.
Your Problems are driver dependent.
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 11:20 AM   #3
alex83
alex83 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectralis View Post
USB 3 hub with ethernet
Download Ethernet Helper (rj45), work with Otg, need root https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ethernethelper

USB-C HUB, may have PD Charger or QC3
alex83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 07:48 AM   #4
isdominus
isdominus began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Ares
Does anyone have Version 2.2 for Ares and can upload it? I can't wait for the update...
isdominus is offline   Reply With Quote