Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 04-28-2019, 01:50 PM   #1
park_ridge_dave
park_ridge_dave began at the beginning.

Device: Nook 7" tablet
Question Is anyone running the Kidle App on a Nook 7" Tab?

Hi,

I am trying to run the Kindle app on my Nook 7" Tablet. It down loads and installs OK. But, when I try to run it it stops and says that the app has stopped running. Does anyone have a fix? Nook support doesn't have a clue on this (gosh go figure).

I have never been very happy with my Nook devices but this is a deal breaker! I have stopped buying from B&N because of all the issues.

OBTW my Kindle Fire runs the nook app better than my nook reader used to,

Also IMHO the Nook support is worthless!

Thanks in advance,

Dave
park_ridge_dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 03:47 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I would have thought that Amazon customer service would be the appropriate people to talk to about this, not B&N.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 12:15 AM   #3
park_ridge_dave

It's Nook's implementation of Android O.S.
Amazon is a possibility but I think that this is a classic "mixed vendor" problem. Anyway, I can run the Nook app on my kindle. B&N has never really supported the Tablets very well IMHO.

I thought that I would tap the user base where I usually find good solutions.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 07-19-2019, 01:34 PM   #4
Synergi
Addict
Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, iPadPro, Galaxy Note 5, 8 (tab) & Galaxy Tab S3
Quote:
Originally Posted by park_ridge_dave View Post
It's Nook's implementation of Android O.S.
Amazon is a possibility but I think that this is a classic "mixed vendor" problem. Anyway, I can run the Nook app on my kindle. B&N has never really supported the Tablets very well IMHO.

I thought that I would tap the user base where I usually find good solutions.

Thanks,
Dave
Is this a new Nook or an older one? Does Nook have access to the play store? Where are you getting your kindle app from? You might want to post which nook you have and ask those that have a working version of Kindle app, which version they have. There are a few sites that keep all the old android versions of kindle for download.
Synergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 07:59 AM   #5
park_ridge_dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergi View Post
Is this a new Nook or an older one? Does Nook have access to the play store? Where are you getting your kindle app from? You might want to post which nook you have and ask those that have a working version of Kindle app, which version they have. There are a few sites that keep all the old android versions of kindle for download.
Hi,

First, thanks for the reply. The unit is a new (within last 12 mo) Nook 7" reader running the Nook Version of Android. I am downloading the Kindle app from the play store to keep everything "plain vanilla" with fewer "mixed vendor" problems.

I received this Nook as a part of the original reader replacement "deal".

Anyway, all good points and , again.

Cheers,

Dave
Old 07-28-2019, 02:07 PM   #6
BookishBiker
BookishBiker began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2017, Nook Glowlight Plus 2019, Kobo Forma
I have no issues running the kindle app or the kobo app. I did have trouble on the 8GB version they initially offered though, as there's just not enough space left over for user-installed apps. I installed an SD card, formatted for internal use, which made a huge difference.
BookishBiker is offline   Reply With Quote