Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Plastic Logic Que

Notices

Old 05-05-2012, 03:37 PM   #1
Valentinka
Zealot
Valentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle DXG, Sony PRS-T1, M92, iPad 3, ex-JetBook Color
Plastic Logic 100's smaller brother?

It looks like 6" Reader with eInk FLEXIBLE screen named WEXLER.Flex ONE is available now in Russia http://www.wexler.ru/home/products/books/380 (google can translate it for you if need it). Interesting information. Did somebody already buy it and can share his experience?

As you can see from the specifications - no SD card slot (but 8 GB of internal memory, which is not bad). I just wonder if there might be the problem with putting SD card into any FLEXIBLE eInk screen, since SD card is not flexible itself?

Last edited by Valentinka; 05-05-2012 at 03:41 PM.
Valentinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:57 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I haven't bought one but I had already built a wiki page for the product a while ago. I think an SD card or if needed a microSD card would work fine in the product although the 8 G is probably enough. It is flexible but you cannot bend it so much as to roll it up. After all there is a battery in there also. I do like the unbreakable screen idea.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:49 PM   #3
Valentinka
Zealot
Valentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I haven't bought one but I had already built a wiki page for the product a while ago. I think an SD card or if needed a microSD card would work fine in the product although the 8 G is probably enough. It is flexible but you cannot bend it so much as to roll it up. After all there is a battery in there also. I do like the unbreakable screen idea.
Dale,

Thanks for your answer. I looked at your wiki page for this product. Just in case, the direct link to your wiki page if somebody is interested: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/WEXLER._Flex_ONE

It would be interesting to find out more about this device.

About SD or micro SD cards: maybe they are more fragile if compare to battery? It just seems strange - a modern device with no SD (or micro SD) card slot. Plastic Logic 100 doesn't have it either. I could understand that there is no SD card slot, for example, in my Kindle DXG. I really don't need it there since I can keep all my Kindle books and documents on Amazon Cloud anyway. But it is not the case with WEXLER. Flex One.

Last edited by Valentinka; 05-05-2012 at 08:28 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:37 PM   #4
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Wow! 110g is pretty light; only about 2/3 of the weight of my PRS-T1. I can see larger ereaders becoming more feasible with this technology. Great stuff!
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #5
Valentinka
Zealot

Here is the review and a lot of pictures. http://www.ferra.ru/ru/epads/review/Wexler-Flex-One/

The video at the end is very impressive. Don't miss it.

The screen seems to be white enough but the resolution is not very impressive and the contrast could be better I think . Otherwise, very interesting product...

Last edited by Valentinka; 05-06-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:06 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentinka View Post
Here is the review and a lot of pictures. http://www.ferra.ru/ru/epads/review/Wexler-Flex-One/

The video at the end is very impressive. Don't miss it.

The screen seems to be white enough but the resolution is not very impressive and the contrast could be better I think . Otherwise, very interesting product...
the resolution ought to be excellent. Perhaps the photos are bad. It is rated at 1024 x 768 which is way beyond the the current generation 800x600 for a 6" device.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote