Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-27-2008, 01:41 PM   #16
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Well, if you get the red one and mate it with your blue one, you'll have my favorite color Purple! I think you should buy it.
I want to go on RECORD THe DUCK recommends the SONY!!! Yes I have proof and alot of Witnesses!!! Oh and I would love a Purple Kinny!!

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 05:18 PM   #17
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Except that the Patterson one was a sticker, I believe. I'm not sure I'm a fan of this shade of red (the new LE one to be released) myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I think the red Patterson version is prettier.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2008, 04:30 AM   #18
Ceili
well, that didn't work
Ceili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle
Wow, that is Beeeyoootiful! I love it, but then I love pretty much anything that isn't white, beige or pink I really wish they'd offer more of these items in color!

And yes, a purple kinny would be awesome! I'd have ordered that on day one instead of waiting 5 months to decide what I wanted
Ceili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:56 AM   #19
rmeister0
Addict
rmeister0 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmeister0 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmeister0 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

That's ugly. I mean, seriously ugly. That color is for things like cars.

How about...a normal PRS with a red cover?
rmeister0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:59 AM   #20
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceili View Post
Wow, that is Beeeyoootiful! I love it, but then I love pretty much anything that isn't white, beige or pink I really wish they'd offer more of these items in color!

And yes, a purple kinny would be awesome! I'd have ordered that on day one instead of waiting 5 months to decide what I wanted
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmeister0 View Post
That's ugly. I mean, seriously ugly. That color is for things like cars.

How about...a normal PRS with a red cover?
well, at least we can agree on the basics, like colour.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2008, 03:31 AM   #21
Kingston
Addict
Kingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle, Iliad v2 & v1,Gen 3 from NAEB, Sony PRS-505, Jetbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Not yet available in the shop, but here are some images:
Looks like a Jetbook on steroids:

I have the James Patterson red 505, and you have to apply the Skinit overlay yourself, very tediousy! They send you a silver 505 and make you put on the overlay yourself!

Since I paid $50 more to get it directly from Sony vs Wal-Mart, looks like they could put the dang stickers on themselves.

BTW, the layout of controls for the Jetbook is very very similar to the 505.

Last edited by Kingston; 07-30-2008 at 10:28 AM.
Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 07:52 AM   #22
moz
Addict
moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo H2O
But it's red... the page turns will be so much faster you won't believe your eyes!
moz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 07:58 AM   #23
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by moz View Post
But it's red... the page turns will be so much faster you won't believe your eyes!
that's why i want one.

zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 12:43 PM   #24
Kingston
Addict
Kingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Not yet available in the shop, but here are some images:
BTW Igorsk, I see that--like me---you have bought just about every device known to man. Except I have the Iliad, nyah nyah!!

If you don't mind me asking....which one sees the most use? I find I'm using the Cybook most of the time, since it is so light and thin.

Kindle is the one I take when traveling.

The poor Iliad is hardly ever used anymore.

Sony is fabulous for quickly finding one's place in a book.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:07 PM   #25
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
I use the 505 pretty much exclusively.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:24 PM   #26
AndyJing
AndyJing began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs505
so shining
AndyJing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:15 PM   #27
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've seen the Patterson 505 and I don't like the skin. It just looks tacky to me.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:16 PM   #28
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingston View Post
BTW Igorsk, I see that--like me---you have bought just about every device known to man. Except I have the Iliad, nyah nyah!!

If you don't mind me asking....which one sees the most use? I find I'm using the Cybook most of the time, since it is so light and thin.

Kindle is the one I take when traveling.

The poor Iliad is hardly ever used anymore.

Sony is fabulous for quickly finding one's place in a book.
Can I ask why it is you bought a Jetbook?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 07:47 AM   #29
Kingston
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can I ask why it is you bought a Jetbook?
Curiosity. And I had read it will fit in a mans shirt pocket, which it does.

It's not a bad little gizmo, but is really limited in real use to .txt files. I was OK with this, but it sees virtually no use because the screen has a highly annoying glare when used in brighter lights....I use a gooseneck light behind my shoulder and I just can't handle the 'foil-like' glare. The background glare changes with mild rotation of the device and is very distracting when reading.

With eink devices there is no glare.

Jetbook is the only one of the many devices I probably shouldn't have bought. I've gotten my moneys worth out of all the others.

Like the Sony, it is a snap to find ones place in a book. The controls are virtually identical to the 505, except for the 10 page advance feature on the 505 which is a great help and is not on Jetbook. And it displays page numbers, always a useful aid.

Last edited by Kingston; 07-31-2008 at 07:58 AM.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:19 AM   #30
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
And it's up.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!