Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-01-2009, 01:24 PM   #31
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbfoot View Post
Are any plug ins available as stated in the first post? How would one go about finding that, or is it something that has to be created by each individual?
You'll have to be patient, it'll take a little while before plugins start to show up.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 02:26 PM   #32
junkml
Addict
junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Use subprocess, os.system is deprecated. Try using

Code:
subprocess.call('path to program', shell=True)
This works if I just do a script in pythonwin, but when I load a lit file to calibre, nothing happens.

I'm attaching the script I'm trying to use in case it's helpful to anyone.
Attached Files
File Type: zip runshell_plugin.zip (519 Bytes, 337 views)
junkml is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2009, 10:04 PM   #33
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Run the import at a terminal with

Code:
calibredb add path_to_lit_file
You should see some debug output that explains why the plugin is failing
Old 01-02-2009, 01:05 AM   #34
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i've just installed the latest version of calibre, who can help me with a plugin + setup for stripping mobi drm ? a plugin for convert lit would be stellar as well...

hm, maybe it should be done via pm by the way, just to be sure there is nothing "over the line" on the forum...
Sounds great! If anyone can help Zelda, I'd sure like to know how, too.
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 05:07 PM   #35
junkml
Addict
junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Finally got it working.

The relevant line is:
subprocess.call('"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\winword.exe"',shell=True)

even using notepad++ it ended up giving me fits with the end of line characters and indentation.

But, anyone who wants to be able to run Dos Command Line should be able to with this.

Last edited by junkml; 01-02-2009 at 08:49 PM.
junkml is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2009, 07:53 PM   #36
dremo
dremo began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, iPhone 3GS, iPad
I tried the Run Command plugin and nothing is happening. I was able to add the plugin but when I imported a LIT file nothing happened. This plugin should run when I import a LIT file correctly? What did I do wrong??

Drew
dremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:43 AM   #37
daviddem
Connoisseur
daviddem doesn't litterdaviddem doesn't litterdaviddem doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I've been away for a while, but I am impressed! Thanks for doing this so fast Kovid!
daviddem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:46 PM   #38
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Pardon the newbe question, but I have a Python script that will strip the DRM from a mobi file with the syntax:

name_of_script.py inputfile output_path\file PID

Can this script be used as an input filter plugin for Calibre?

If I could get this working I might see my way clear to get off some dinaro!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:17 AM   #39
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

It can but helping you do this would be against forum policies
Old 11-07-2009, 06:27 AM   #40
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
wow, brilliant idea. nice work kovid, already adapted !

i've just installed the latest version of calibre, who can help me with a plugin + setup for stripping mobi drm ? a plugin for convert lit would be stellar as well...

hm, maybe it should be done via pm by the way, just to be sure there is nothing "over the line" on the forum...

can anyone assist me with the same (pm ofc)
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 08:03 AM   #41
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Wow. You are just plugging away at this. Nice Christmas present.

BOb

I know this is very old, but it's such a bad pun it still stinks! Whew!

I'm
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote