Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-04-2020, 07:18 AM   #1
Waylander
Fanatic
Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 SE, Onyx Boox Poke 3
Kindle memory purgeable

I connected my old Oasis to my Macbook for charging, and went to look at how much memory is available. It says that the capacity is 2.97GB, but that 3.37GB available, next to which, in brackets is says (3.37BG purgeable). I'm wondering if I can do something to free up this space, if indeed it exists?
Waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 08:31 AM   #2
Junket
Nil adsuetudine maius
Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4
The details you posted are confusing. You don't say which Oasis model you have and available space will never exceed capacity, which suggests that some labels or numbers may have been transposed. Capacity is the total space e.g. 4GB for the original Oasis and 8 or 32GB for later models. Not all of that space is available to the user because the system files also reside there.

My best guess at what you may have seen is that you have an Oasis 2 with 2.97GB of free space and another 0.40G of files of purgeable space for a theoretical total of 3.37GB available user space.

One wouldn't normally worry about purgeable space. Those are files that the system considers expendable and it will purge them if the system needs that space. If you really want to free up that space, then see if a restart (reboot) frees up space. The definitive way to clear all of that space would be a factory reset (not recommended) which will clear a lot of things, including your books & affect any jailbreak that you may have.
Junket is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2020, 05:47 AM   #3
trcm
Connoisseur
trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle PW4, Libra H2O
Try mounting the Kindle on your Mac, then emptying your recycle bin.
trcm is offline   Reply With Quote