Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-30-2020, 07:19 PM   #871
Neverendingstory
Neverendingstory began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Are there any good Romanian-English dictionaries?
Neverendingstory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 04:00 PM   #872
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader
Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite3, Kobo aura one, kobo touch 2.0, Kobo Clara HD,Poke2
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjd View Post
Given below are the files of a much improved English-Hindi dictionary developed by Shabdanjali, and made available for free use under GPL.
I'm a total newbie in the field of converting dictionaries for Kobo.
Could someone please help me get them converted for use with Kobo?

I will be highly thankful.
wordcount = 22283

check
Attached Files
File Type: zip dicthtml-en-hi.zip (1.29 MB, 183 views)
Owl_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2020, 09:09 AM   #873
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl_ View Post
wordcount = 22283

check
Thank you so much, Owl_ !
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 12:47 PM   #874
Katam
Katam began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I've installed the Webster english dictionnary but although I find it in my dictionnaries, it can't seems to find any definition to any word. I've deleted it and put it on my Kobo Clara again but same result. Is this a common issue ?
Katam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 06:56 PM   #875
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
Which exact vesion of Webster's are you using? (What is the byte size of the file?)

I have several versions, and they all work just fine.
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2020, 02:44 PM   #876
Katam
Katam began at the beginning.

The file is 11 341 kb. I've try others by the way, same issue. There must be something I'm not doing right but I don't see what.
Katam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 03:21 PM   #877
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katam View Post
The file is 11 341 kb. I've try others by the way, same issue. There must be something I'm not doing right but I don't see what.
Did you remember to reboot after installing any new dictionary?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 04:20 AM   #878
Dipaksomak
Enthusiast
Dipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of light

Device: none
DE to EN

seems like the original lis tof links for DE/EN does not work anymore a 404 error.
Anyone able to share a link for deutsch to english dictionary please.
Dipaksomak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 09:51 PM   #879
samlegacy
samlegacy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Dune by Frank Herbert Fictionary

I'm running into problems converting a fictionary for Dune provided by thefictionary.net. Could anyone help me convert this Stardict? Thanks for any assistance or advice.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Dune_Fictionary_1.zip (853.3 KB, 143 views)
samlegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 03:16 AM   #880
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader
Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samlegacy View Post
I'm running into problems converting a fictionary for Dune provided by thefictionary.net. Could anyone help me convert this Stardict? Thanks for any assistance or advice.
It gave me several problems bu tin the end here it is
Attached Files
File Type: zip dicthtml.zip (936.9 KB, 191 views)
Old 01-04-2021, 03:17 AM   #881
samlegacy

Quote:
It gave me several problems bu tin the end here it is
Thankyou, it's about to make a reread of Dune that much more enjoyable. If I could have just a little more help with another fictionary, it's provided from the same source. It's a fictionary for Terry Pratchett's Discworld (link to website). I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. I've just switched from a ten year old kindle to Kobo and this has really made it that much more enjoyable so I thank you again.

-Sam
Attached Files
File Type: zip dicthtml-Disc.zip (41.4 KB, 142 views)
Old 01-04-2021, 04:34 AM   #882
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by samlegacy View Post
Thankyou, it's about to make a reread of Dune that much more enjoyable. If I could have just a little more help with another fictionary, it's provided from the same source. It's a fictionary for Terry Pratchett's Discworld (link to website). I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. I've just switched from a ten year old kindle to Kobo and this has really made it that much more enjoyable so I thank you again.

-Sam
Check
Attached Files
File Type: zip dicthtml.zip (54.3 KB, 167 views)
Old 01-04-2021, 05:32 PM   #883
biancabechisi
biancabechisi began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
Not cool …

I did not check and did not look, but judging by the size it is some kind of bad dictionary, with a small number of words. I chose a bad source …

I made you another dictionary.

lsd⇒dsl⇒stardict⇒kobo

Attachment 177123 (Lingvo) wordcount=24422

bgl⇒stardict⇒kobo

Attachment 177124 (Babylon) wordcount=100442

Try it, see which one is better. Then tell us about it.
Thanks! They really work.. but a romanian to romanian dictionary for Kobo Clara HD?
biancabechisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 05:42 PM   #884
biancabechisi
biancabechisi began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giv View Post
Hi all.
I have put the Romanian dictionary into the proper directory on my Kobo Forma (http://www.mobileread.mobi/forums/sh...&postcount=393) but the dictionary is not recognized by the device.
Any hints?
and with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
Add to Kobo eReader.conf
Code:
[ApplicationPreferences]
ExtraLocales=ro
To avoid such problems and similar issues, use dicutil.
Works perfectly on Kobo Clara HD.
Huge thanks <3
biancabechisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 01:53 AM   #885
samlegacy

Quote:
Check
Thankyou again, but this one is actually not working on my Kobo. It shows up listed as a dictionary but when I try to look a term up nothing shows up. I've renamed the file and rebooted and synced the kobo multiple times but to no success. Is there something else I could try? The other one worked flawlessly.

Tags
kobo dictionaries