Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-24-2021, 01:05 PM   #16
jgneff
jgneff can see what is invisible to the naked eye.jgneff can see what is invisible to the naked eye.jgneff can see what is invisible to the naked eye.jgneff can see what is invisible to the naked eye.jgneff can see what is invisible to the naked eye.jgneff can see what is invisible to the naked eye.jgneff can see what is invisible to the naked eye.jgneff can see what is invisible to the naked eye.jgneff can see what is invisible to the naked eye.jgneff can see what is invisible to the naked eye.jgneff can see what is invisible to the naked eye.

Device: Kobo Touch B/C, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD
I have two Kobo Touch B e-readers and one Kobo Touch C, and they all have the i.MX507 processor. It seems the Model B started out with the i.MX508, but at some point they must have switched to the i.MX507.

Below are my notes after opening up the devices to figure out what they really had inside:

Code:
Kobo Touch N905B Specification:
  Mark 3 Hardware, Original Touch Model
  Freescale i.MX508 Multimedia Applications Processor (800 MHz)
  Processor Model: MCIMX508CVM8B (Full Specification)
Kobo Touch N905B text on processor:
  Device #1 - MCIMX507CVM8B N78A CTJB1136R CHINA
  Device #2 - MCIMX507CVM8B N78A CTJL1136G CHINA

Kobo Touch N905C Specification:
  Mark 4 Hardware, Low Cost Model
  Freescale i.MX507 Multimedia Application Processor (800 MHz)
  Processor Model: MCIMX507CVM8B (No GPU)
Kobo Touch N905C text on processor:
  Device #1 - MCIMX507CVM8B N78A BTBD1313E SNGPR
jgneff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 05:38 PM   #17
NiMa
Addict
NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura (2013), Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgneff View Post
I have two Kobo Touch B e-readers and one Kobo Touch C, and they all have the i.MX507 processor. It seems the Model B started out with the i.MX508, but at some point they must have switched to the i.MX507.

Below are my notes after opening up the devices to figure out what they really had inside:

Code:
Kobo Touch N905B Specification:
  Mark 3 Hardware, Original Touch Model
  Freescale i.MX508 Multimedia Applications Processor (800 MHz)
  Processor Model: MCIMX508CVM8B (Full Specification)
Kobo Touch N905B text on processor:
  Device #1 - MCIMX507CVM8B N78A CTJB1136R CHINA
  Device #2 - MCIMX507CVM8B N78A CTJL1136G CHINA

Kobo Touch N905C Specification:
  Mark 4 Hardware, Low Cost Model
  Freescale i.MX507 Multimedia Application Processor (800 MHz)
  Processor Model: MCIMX507CVM8B (No GPU)
Kobo Touch N905C text on processor:
  Device #1 - MCIMX507CVM8B N78A BTBD1313E SNGPR
Ok, thanks for the clarification
NiMa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 08:24 PM   #18
Elektron
World's Smartest Idiot
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
The one without autoupdate worked like a charm THANK YOU!
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 10:37 PM   #19
NiMa
Addict
NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektron View Post
The one without autoupdate worked like a charm THANK YOU!
Thanks. Did you try squashfs yet?
Old 02-24-2021, 11:17 PM   #20
Elektron
World's Smartest Idiot
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
How do I do it? Konsole means I have to reboot, so I guess either an integrated command line in nickel (which I dream of... ) or SSH/telnet.
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 12:09 AM   #21
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektron View Post
integrated command line in nickel
Hmm... maybe I might look into it.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 12:21 AM   #22
NiMa
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Hmm... maybe I might look into it.
there's https://github.com/llandsmeer/inkvt, but qtermwidget would probably be a better choice for now, given that inkvt's still in early development stages (but it's awesome for sure)
looking forward to that!