Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-19-2020, 12:21 AM   #556
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Looks interesting but not available yet in Canada. Kobo shows mid January for ir
Hunh. I know that they uploaded it; they mentioned that to me...last week, I think it was. Y'all make sure you download free samples first, of the eBook, make sure you like it. I've already used a couple of his techniques and I've found them useful. Plus, dang, his images are scrumptious, lol.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 07:53 AM   #557
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
The Kobo Preview goes as far as a few pages of Questions Answers and then cuts out. Through Amazon I'm unable to see a preview.

January 12th is availability date for both Kobo and Amazon Canada.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 01:49 PM   #558
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The Kobo Preview goes as far as a few pages of Questions Answers and then cuts out. Through Amazon I'm unable to see a preview.

January 12th is availability date for both Kobo and Amazon Canada.
Ah, that's fairly soon then. Perhaps the publisher is running a pre-sale thingy. I confess, I didn't think to ask. One of the very, very few perks of being the book designers or formatters in the world, is you get to keep copies, lol.

Hitch
Old 12-19-2020, 04:50 PM   #559
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
It's pre-order for the 12th in the US too. Did you expect it to be available already?
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 03:15 AM   #560
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
It's pre-order for the 12th in the US too. Did you expect it to be available already?
They told me, whatever day I tootled over here to mention it, that they'd uploaded it and "put it on sale." Obviously, as is now apparent to me, they forgot to mention the end of the sentence, which was "...starting January 12th." Sorry, gang!

Hitch
Old 01-16-2021, 11:08 AM   #561
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just remembered this so went and bought a copy this morning.

Interesting to see each recipe has both slow cooker and instant pot versions.
Old 01-16-2021, 11:45 AM   #562
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Hitch; in the Kobo version, the recipe for "Sweet and Sour Meatballs" is missing any cooking time for the slow cooker; simply says "Fold in pineapple chunks before serving". Haven't checked the Epub version yet.
Old 01-16-2021, 01:03 PM   #563
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Hitch; in the Kobo version, the recipe for "Sweet and Sour Meatballs" is missing any cooking time for the slow cooker; simply says "Fold in pineapple chunks before serving". Haven't checked the Epub version yet.
hi:

Well, let me go look at the print original...well, b*ggeration, I don't see any cooking time in the print version for a slow cooker, either. Dammit.

Alrighty, I'll tell them. It's not a conversion error (thank God), it's just not there. I'll email them and ask and see if they'll revise it, too, Peter.

(N.B.: Yes, I love the fact that it has both options. There are days that the IP is my best buddy but I love the crocker, too. As much as I love the art of "real" cooking, when you work 60+ each week, IPs and Crockpots are just a necessary part of your life.)

ETA: I've emailed Posthill Press and alerted them to the situation. Even if they choose not to update the file, Peter, I'll make sure I get a cooking time from Eric T. (I hope).

Hitch

Last edited by Hitch; 01-16-2021 at 01:14 PM. Reason: ETA: Update
Old 02-03-2021, 06:37 PM   #564
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

I've now bought a hard copy version as a gift for a colleague who has a slow cooker but little idea as to what to cook in it.

She had a great time today looking through it
Old 02-03-2021, 07:13 PM   #565
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Instant Pot Stainless Steel Inner Cooking Pot - 6 Quart - $19.98
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008BKHGX0

(Amazon's lowest price)
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 10:28 PM   #566
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
I've now bought a hard copy version as a gift for a colleague who has a slow cooker but little idea as to what to cook in it.

She had a great time today looking through it
I'll be very interested to hear how she likes it!

Hitch
Old 02-04-2021, 07:20 PM   #567
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Instant Pot Stainless Steel Inner Cooking Pot - 6 Quart - $19.98
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008BKHGX0

(Amazon's lowest price)
The 3Qt liner is also $19.99. See my usage ideas (your own recipes, not watered down):

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=496

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=496
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 07:36 PM   #568
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350,Nook HD+, Kindle 2nd gen, kindle keyboard
Just got an instant solo coffee maker from the instant pot people. I love it. Uses kcups or your own coffee.
Gardenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 05:37 PM   #569
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I love my instant pot. I don't use it every day but when I do cook something in it whatever it is comes out perfect. I don't make Spaghetti any other way now. I just brown the meat, add 1/2 cup water and the sauce, stir it together add another 1.5 cups of water and then lay the noodles on top and cook at high pressure for 8-10 minutes. Then it's a simple as a quick release of pressure and stir everything together. No more noodles coming out over or undercooked.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 11:06 PM   #570
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350,Nook HD+, Kindle 2nd gen, kindle keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I love my instant pot. I don't use it every day but when I do cook something in it whatever it is comes out perfect. I don't make Spaghetti any other way now. I just brown the meat, add 1/2 cup water and the sauce, stir it together add another 1.5 cups of water and then lay the noodles on top and cook at high pressure for 8-10 minutes. Then it's a simple as a quick release of pressure and stir everything together. No more noodles coming out over or undercooked.
Sounds like a great idea
Gardenman is offline   Reply With Quote