Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-04-2010, 02:33 PM   #1
Viseguy
Just a kid from Bklyn
Viseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi; Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Question Content server - basic question

I'm calibre newbie and know little about servers, so please bear with me.

As I understand it, the content server gives me access to ebooks stored on my home computer from any other computer with Internet access. Is this correct? If so, what URL do I use to access my content from other computers? Does the outside computer need to be running any special software?

Some non-technical "how-to" documentation on the content server would be a big help.
Viseguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 03:45 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Yes, you are correct, but unfortunately what you want to do isn't exactly easy.

Take a look at this post, and in particular the how-to guides it refers to. If you can get through those, then give it a shot and ask for help when you need it.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2010, 11:32 PM   #3
Viseguy
Just a kid from Bklyn
Viseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi; Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
chaley, many thanks. The need isn't strong enough to warrant the hassle (and the risk) at this point, but I'll save your post for future reference -- and will send a tad of karma your way for your trouble.
Viseguy is offline   Reply With Quote