Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-21-2010, 09:50 AM   #1
Ducksy
Ducksy began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise-1150 Sony-PRS 600
Angry Kandle reading light

Amazon, is still playing its silly shipping games, I want a Kandle backlight for my Sony PRS 600 as usual they do not ship to Canada, Kindle Ebooks can be shipped but a lowly LED reader light Bulb cannot, Go Fig David.
Ducksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 05:22 PM   #2
dioib
∂₪≈☼
dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ιη.σιγ.ηιφι.κα
If I was you I would go with some flexible neck brand; it's because the light is reflected off the display and hurts the eye sometimes. With flex neck brands you have the freedom to change the angle and avoid this. Try MiniFlex LED Book Light (in classy Black e.g.| I checked and they ship international on their website), I got it as a complimentary with my reader but soon I'm gonna buy another one for my backpack (this time Black).
dioib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2010, 06:04 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksy View Post
Amazon, is still playing its silly shipping games, I want a Kandle backlight for my Sony PRS 600 as usual they do not ship to Canada, Kindle Ebooks can be shipped but a lowly LED reader light Bulb cannot, Go Fig David.
Ozeri is actually the seller and Amazon just fulfills the orders. They may have restricted the countries the Kandle can be sold to. Have you tired contacting Amazon CS to see what the real problem is?

Quote:
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's own warehouses, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these items. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Super Saver Shipping and Amazon Prime.
You can always use a forwarding company but it will cost more than you probably want to spend.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:27 AM   #4
Ducksy

Hi Gang. I have a Bright Light already, just thought the Kandle a cool unit.As far as the shipping Amazon is the culprit, for some reason to only them they have a no shipping on electronic products. I have been reading Ebooks for over ten years so i have had a few problems with shipping from them, they will ship paper books etc.David
Old 02-22-2010, 11:57 AM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hi Gang. I have a Bright Light already, just thought the Kandle a cool unit.As far as the shipping Amazon is the culprit, for some reason to only them they have a no shipping on electronic products. I have been reading Ebooks for over ten years so i have had a few problems with shipping from them, they will ship paper books etc.David
Since they ship the Kindle, which is an electronic product, the issue must not be with Amazon. I know it's easy to blame Amazon for all your troubles but not everything it their fault. Again, have you asked customer service what the issue is?
Advert
Old 02-22-2010, 03:11 PM   #6
Ducksy

I am not making this up, as soon as you fill in the address an article in red states that they will not ship Canada, I do not know about any other country.I did contact them once and they stated it was not their policy to mail to Canada.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:16 PM   #7
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
I am not making this up, as soon as you fill in the address an article in red states that they will not ship Canada, I do not know about any other country.I did contact them once and they stated it was not their policy to mail to Canada.
That was for a different item and as I stated since the Kindle ships to Canada, that policy is not automatic. Maybe it's Ozeri that won't allow them to ship to Canada.

If you really really want it. I will but it and ship it to for the cost of the light and shipping (payable via PayPal).
Old 02-22-2010, 05:56 PM   #8
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Isn't Amazon not shipping to other countries standard? I thought if you wanted to get any products from Amazon you had to go through Amazon.ca. I don't see what the problem is-just Amazon's standard policy.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:07 AM   #9
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
I live in Germany and contacted ozeri directly. One week later, I received the Kandle and I love it.

Here you go:
support@ozeri.com
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:17 AM   #10
Ducksy

Amazon Canada only ships paper books, and ebooks not ebook readers or any other electronic item it defaults to Amazon USA, strange but true David.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:32 PM   #11
whizkey
whizkey began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Amazon USA ships abroad the Belkin Clip-On reading light, which I've got to day. Very pleased with it. The light is evenly distributed with 3 LED's.
http://www.gadgetreview.com/2010/05/...ing-light.html
whizkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:32 PM   #12
ttluisa
Enthusiast
ttluisa began at the beginning.

Device: kobo, kindle 3
No need to get so pissed off. Contact the original seller and see if they would ship to you, and choose something local if they don't.
ttluisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:22 PM   #13
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
There are two major reason why Amazon won't ship various items out of the country and we get the red warning statement when we click on a item.
1. Amazon has become a 'drop shipper.' It doesn't stock most items itself. Instead, it forwards our orders to the actual companies handling the goods and they are the ones that are 'supposed' to ship them out to us. Unfortunately, many of these smaller companies don't want to hassle with international sales.
2. Some of the goods are covered under international trade licensing agreements between parent companies and their subsidiaries. For example, SonyUSA isn't permitted to ship its goods to Japan. Anyone in Japan 'should' buy from SonyJapan. However, SonyCanada IS permitted to ship to Japan. So as Amazon stocks Sony readers through SonyUSA, Amazon can't ship them to Japan and we get the warning statement telling us this fact. B&H Vidio get's its Sony readers from SonyCanada so it IS allowed to ship them to Japan.

I had this same problem when dealing with Nikon years ago. I wanted some Nikon software but NikonJapan didn't sell the English language version and NikonUSA wasn't allowed to ship the English version to Japan! That's when I discovered B&H Video, and had my software in hand in five days.

These days, because I do so much international mail order, I maintain a forwarding service in the US just for this purpose. It costs a bit, and postage adds onto it, but it saves years of my life by eliminating the aggravation caused by this international shipping problem! Most of the MailBox Etc., Pack&Ship, UPS Store, type store are more than happy to act as forwarding agents for no extra charges.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:43 PM   #14
Ducksy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttluisa View Post
No need to get so pissed off. Contact the original seller and see if they would ship to you, and choose something local if they don't.
Who is getting pissed off, I stated what is, thats all David