Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 12-31-2009, 02:17 PM   #1
Nathan Campos
Groupie
Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX & Kindle (2011)
Smile soPDF GUI Front-End

Hello,
I've dedicated some of my free time to help users that don't have much experience with consoles and then I've built a GUI front-end to soPDF.

Requirements
  • Windows 32-bit(95 or better)
  • soPDF on the GUI front-end directory
  • PDFs to convert

File Descriptions
  • soPDF_Bundle.rar - soPDF GUI with the application included
  • soPDF_Frontend.rar - soPDF GUI only

Thanks for frabjous for the x64 Linux port.
Attached Files
File Type: rar soPDF_Bundle.rar (2.82 MB, 3054 views)
File Type: rar soPDF_Frontend.rar (2.11 MB, 1200 views)
File Type: rar soPDF_GUI_src.rar (10.56 MB, 1176 views)

Last edited by Nathan Campos; 01-14-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Nathan Campos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 02:27 PM   #2
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Nathan, the GUI looks great in the screen capture. But I have a more basic question: What is soPDF? What is it supposed to do?
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2009, 02:36 PM   #3
Nathan Campos
Groupie
Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

soPDF - Better than yet another PDF to LRF converter
Old 12-31-2009, 02:57 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
I see that the primary soPDF thread is also under LRF, but soPDF is a PDF to PDF tool. Both threads should be in (and sticky in) the PDF forum. If it was announced today, the primary thread would probably be: "soPDF - better than yet another PDF Cropper".
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 03:52 PM   #5
Nathan Campos
Groupie

Yeah, but soPDF is a tool to format PDFs to be converted better for LRF
Advert
Old 01-07-2010, 02:27 PM   #6
jbloudg20
Connoisseur
jbloudg20 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-900 & K2i
Any chance of a Linux or Mac port?
jbloudg20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:14 PM   #7
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
There's a linux port of sopdf in the sopdf thread. It would be nice to see a port of the GUI though.

This GUI looks very nice. Better the one I made, anyway. But mine does have one feature yours lacks, which is the ability to parse the filename to the metadata--or is that there but hidden in the screenshot?

It would be nice to include the source code too!

SoPDF really has nothing to do with LRF -- I think this, and even the original sopdf thread should be moved.

Last edited by frabjous; 01-07-2010 at 03:20 PM.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 03:58 PM   #8
Nathan Campos
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbloudg20 View Post
Any chance of a Linux or Mac port?
I'm already developing it

Quote:
Originally Posted by frabjous View Post
This GUI looks very nice. Better the one I made, anyway. But mine does have one feature yours lacks, which is the ability to parse the filename to the metadata--or is that there but hidden in the screenshot?
Hmm, I forgot about this, I'm going to add(5 minutes) and post here

Quote:
It would be nice to include the source code too!
I'm going to add this too, because I'm a Linux lover and user!

Last edited by Nathan Campos; 01-08-2010 at 04:12 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:09 PM   #9
Nathan Campos
Groupie

I've just added the sources on the first thread to help all, please someone that is on a Linux machine. Get the sources and compile for me to build the binary and send it to me please(remember to follow that structure: "Standalone" and Bundle).

PS: It was entirely built using Lazarus, and as Lazarus can't do a cross-compile from Windows to Linux, I need a Linux environment to compile it, but my Linux PC is on my home and I'm traveling.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:30 PM   #10
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

[sorry duplicate post]

Last edited by frabjous; 01-09-2010 at 02:33 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:31 PM   #11
frabjous
Wizard

I'd be happy to, but you'll need to give me some more instructions... It wasn't obvious what I needed to do.

Wouldn't the linux version use the linux version of sopdf... why is the DOS executables in that package? And the packaged bundles for windows themselves?
Old 01-09-2010, 04:42 PM   #12
Nathan Campos
Groupie

Hello frabjous,
Instructions to compile: Get the sources, on Linux, edit the line that is AProcess.Execute on the ConvertClick event, then you just need to click on the Build button of Lazarus.

Intructions regarding the packages: When you have got the compiled executable, build the packages:
  • soPDF_Linux_Bundle.rar <> soPDF GUI and the soPDF app(both for Linux)
  • soPDF_Linux_Frontend.rar <> Only soPDF Linux GUI executable
  • soPDF_GUI_src.rar <> Sources of the Linux frontend
It's this good or have more questions?

Best Regards,
Nathan Paulino Campos
Old 01-09-2010, 11:25 PM   #13
frabjous
Wizard

OK, I'm pretty sure I did everything OK.

I have to confess, Lazarus looks pretty intimidating to someone whose programming skills are as minimal and amateurish as mine. I haven't done more than the occasional bash script or easy javascript (and some easy stuff with AutoHotKey when I still used Windows, such as my GUI for soPDF). Otherwise, I stick to LaTeX and HTML markup. The last time I did anything with PASCAL was... Turbo Pascal 5.5 for DOS, perhaps? But all I needed to do is change SoPDF.exe to sopdf in the code, right?

Well, I couldn't have been all wrong, since it works. I will note, however, that if you don't use the default system fonts (which I don't), the GUI doesn't look perfect (the bottoms of the words get cut off--as you'll see the in the screenshot), though it's good enough. Switching back to the default fonts, and there's no problem at all.

Obviously, sopdf needs to be in the searched path for executables.

Let me know if I included anything you didn't want in the rar files, or failed to include anything I should have. Thanks again to Nathan for the GUI.

P.S. Where'd you get the list of categories? My degree is in philosophy, so I missed the philosophy category...

P.P.S. Added later. The binary included with these was compiled with and for 64-bit linux systems. It may not work for 32 bit systems. (Sorry)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-soPDF-GUI.png
Views:	961
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	43033  
Attached Files
File Type: rar soPDF_Linux_GUI_src.rar (3.77 MB, 695 views)
File Type: rar soPDF_Linux_Bundle.rar (3.11 MB, 817 views)
File Type: rar soPDF_Linux_Frontend.rar (2.74 MB, 684 views)

Last edited by frabjous; 01-11-2010 at 08:00 AM.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:33 AM   #14
Nathan Campos
Groupie

Hmm, Lazarus isn't intimidating because you haven't used Eclipse(for Java development), but my project isn't written in Pascal, was written in Object-Pascal that is much different.

Quote:
P.S. Where'd you get the list of categories? My degree is in philosophy, so I missed the philosophy category...
I don't remember more

Quote:
Let me know if I included anything you didn't want in the rar files, or failed to include anything I should have. Thanks again to Nathan for the GUI.
No it's all ok with your rars
You're welcome!

Quote:
Obviously, sopdf needs to be in the searched path for executables.
Yeah, but it's all ok

Quote:
But all I needed to do is change SoPDF.exe to sopdf in the code, right?
Correct!
Thanks very much!

Last edited by Nathan Campos; 01-10-2010 at 06:38 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:58 AM   #15
frabjous
Wizard

Oops, I should have noted that i compiled the above on a 64 bit linux system, and I'm not sure the binary will work on a 32 bit system.

If someone out there has a 32 bit linux system and would like to recompile, that would be great.