Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 07-20-2009, 01:44 PM   #1
talaivan
Groupie
talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-505
SmartQ 7 MAC address

I just got a SmartQ 7 but can't find my wireless MAC address, which I need to connect to my router. Does anyone know how to do this? It doesn't recognize ifconfig -a. Is there a terminal program? Thanks.
talaivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:00 PM   #2
talaivan
Groupie
talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-505
I figured it out -- hope this helps someone. If you have a network restricted to certain MAC numbers, you have to turn that off and then connect the SmartQ 7 to that network. Then go to RUN on the start menu and type evilvte (which is the terminal program). In the terminal program, type /sbin/ifconfig -a. That will give you lots of information, including the MAC number of the SmartQ 7's ethernet.
talaivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2009, 04:01 AM   #3
alilxmas
Enthusiast
alilxmas has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: SmartQ 7, VX787
thx I'm sure this will be helpful when I get mine
alilxmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:24 AM   #4
alilxmas
Enthusiast
alilxmas has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: SmartQ 7, VX787
Smile

Yup I was right, I did have to do the same thing...
alilxmas is offline   Reply With Quote