Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-05-2009, 04:16 AM   #1
chimaera
chimaera began at the beginning.

Device: android
Run content server seperately from Calibre

Hi there - I've recently started playing with Calibre and its been impressing the hell out of me. I'm about to upgrade to an Android phone, so the content server capability for Wordplayer is of great interest to me. I would like to host the content server on my linux server rather than my desktop (while my desktop isn't always on, my server is) - is that possible?

Ideally I'd like all database and content on the server that I can connect to using the GUI on the desktop when necessary...
chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:32 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can put your calibre library on a dropbox virtual drive and access it on the server with just the content server

calibre-server

however I'm not sure how well it will work with two processes accessing the database simultaneously, it hasn't been designed for that.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2009, 10:46 AM   #3
chimaera
chimaera began at the beginning.

Device: android
Ahh cool that should work nicely. As far as running them simultaneously - that shouldn't be an issue - if it doesn't work I'll pull the server down when I'm working in the client

Thanks for the help
chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote