Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 03-09-2009, 08:28 PM   #1
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: .*
Silly question on DR1000..

Hi,

This may be a really dumb/silly question as I may have missed something really obvious.
So please do excuse me.

Is there a specific DR1000 device?
There seems to be references to 3 devices in the DR series.
DR1000, DR1000S and DR100SW as separate units, even in Irex. (with the dr1000sw not yet released).
However i cannot see the DR1000 in their products-to-buy list.

Has this device been discontinued or is it yet to be released?

I am still exploring my options and as part of this, I felt a device without the bells and whistles like wacom etc., is also a viable option.

Thanks
hari
rhari79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:48 PM   #2
PhishStyx
The me that I am
PhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1 & DR 1000s
DR1000S is the name of the current device. I believe they stopped making the DR1000 after they introduced the Wacom enabled devices. And the SW version (which has WiFi) hasn't been released, nor does it have a remotely firm release date.
PhishStyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2009, 12:21 PM   #3
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
The DR1000 was never produced. The DR1000S is the current, and only DR model.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:25 PM   #4
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
DR1000 -- I don't think it was ever available. It was talked about in some of the pre-release announcements and there was briefly a "pre-order" for it, but I don't think this model ever really existed. I think it was removed before they started shipping real units.

DR1000S -- Currently the only model that you can buy.

DR1000SW -- Will be released "sometime in the future", but nobody really knows when that will be. There's a form on their site that you can sign up for an email notification when the "SW" model becomes available.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:51 PM   #5
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: .*
So DR1000 is a phantom device.
I would have thought it will be more to irex's advantage to give one more option to prospective buyers. A wacom-less(no lose parts) device seemed interesting.

Thanks Guys!
rhari79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2009, 10:09 AM   #6
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
The problem with a wacom-less device is that their user interface is highly dependent on the stylus. I think as the original software development progressed, they realized that re-designing the interface to be "button only" would have been significant work.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 12:03 PM   #7
pwjone1
Bookie
pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
DR1000, DR1000S, DR1000SW

The irexshop gives a table summarizing the differences between the DR1000 and the DR1000S.

https://www.irexshop.com/product_inf...products_id=69

There is on the iRex Blog a sign up for the DR1000SW:

http://i-to-i.irexnet.com/2009/02/13...reader-1000sw/

sounds like an "any day now..." sort of thing (for non-US readers, that's a slang phrase meaning might happen, might not happen).

Seems unlikely they'd issue a DR1000SW model, with the current DR1000S power problems not yet coded around, but stranger things have happened.
pwjone1 is offline   Reply With Quote