Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-22-2012, 01:45 AM   #256
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
BTW....

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
You mean there's a real holiday today!?

And all this time, I thought today had significance because of the shopping.

...and Happy T-Day to you too
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:49 AM   #257
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I'm going to get a Clip Zip for sure--maybe two, depending on color availability--and two 32gb cards, all at BB.
I added you to my list. I'm checking it once and checking it twice, gonna find out... oops, wrong holiday.
Advert
Old 11-22-2012, 02:15 AM   #258
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Ok Blossom, get ready to be bombarded with questions from me also - I just purchased the Samsung Galaxy Player (and this cover). This will be my first Android device - so excited
You will enjoy this device! I bought hubby and myself each one last year on Cyber Monday and we have loved them! They were our first Android devices as well! I since got a used Galaxy Note, which is better on my eyes for reading, but trust me, the Galaxy Player still gets plenty of use, thanks to the long battery life. It's a neat device. And the TPU case and Amazon GPS case are exactly what I figured out to use last year. They work great.

Most apps are going to be fine for Android 2.3.5, so don't worry about that. You might not be able to get some of the HD tablet style apps, but there's lots of choice for reader apps and other stuff.

If you want a screen protector (given the screen is plastic, acrylic I think), I have had good luck with the Lexerd protectors on Amazon. Easy to install. I recommend the clear as opposed to the anti-glare.

Anyway, congrats and have fun with your new device! And keep an eye out, last year Google had a pretty good app sale before Christmas, they might do it again, you never know.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:30 AM   #259
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Just added more memory cards to the list.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:31 AM   #260
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Best Buy and Target now live!
Advert
Old 11-22-2012, 02:44 AM   #261
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Sansa Clip Zip 4GB now online at Best Buy ($28) and RadioShack ($30).

Sansa Clip Zip 8GB also at Best Buy ($40).

Best Buy has a larger color selection of Zips, including the new teal and lime.

Sansa Fuze+ also at Best Buy -- 16GB = $60 / 8GB = $50.

Quantities limited, so hurry and get them.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-22-2012 at 03:13 AM.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:57 AM   #262
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

iPads now online at:
  • Best Buy --- $60 off
  • Target --- free $60 GC

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-22-2012 at 03:20 AM.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:20 AM   #263
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post

Ya know... monkey? I was perfectly fine just focusing on the 4GB colors and had totally missed seeing the 8GB one while looking online. Then you had to go do an edit on your post..

So now I have a dreams dilemma. Give up my colors on the 4GB so I can get the plain black 8GB one OR go for the colors, even though it is half the GB's?

I think I saw a spend $50 get $10 at Radio Shack?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:22 AM   #264
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Nook Simple Touch now online at Target ($49).
Old 11-22-2012, 03:30 AM   #265
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I think I saw a spend $50 get $10 at Radio Shack?
Correct; but it has some severe restrictions in my opinion.

* RadioShack Coupons - Get $10 Back for every $50 you Spend - are available from 01 Nov 2012 ~ 05 Jan 2013, but the redemption terms are quite restrictive. You can only redeem one $10 coupon per transaction and they won't arrive until after BF is over. See the link above for a detailed FAQ.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:32 AM   #266
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Ya know... monkey? I was perfectly fine just focusing on the 4GB colors and had totally missed seeing the 8GB one while looking online. Then you had to go do an edit on your post..

So now I have a dreams dilemma. Give up my colors on the 4GB so I can get the plain black 8GB one OR go for the colors, even though it is half the GB's?
Go for the color, you'll enjoy it more. Besides; you're planning on putting a 32GB card in it, so what's an extra 4GB?

Color
Old 11-22-2012, 03:33 AM   #267
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:27 AM   #268
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Just ordered a Gumdrop case for the Kindle Fire at Best Buy for $10.

Quite a deal, since the case started out at $50.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:14 AM   #269
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I'll be happy to answer any question you or anyone may have. I love Android! There is like an app for everything. You might want this to store the Player in. I got it for $5 but it's gone up a bit which is weird you would think with the sales it would go down. It a nice faux leather feel. Very stiff but padded. I have no problem putting this in my purse. It will only fit with the TPU Skin on though. It wont slip out. It's a nice tight fit. The screen is well protected with this that I haven't put a screen protector on yet.

BTW....

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
Thanks! I'll check out that case because I like to just drop stuff in the bottomless pit that is my workbag and not have to worry about anything getting dinged out of shape.

Happy Thanksgiving to you, and everyone else!

Quote:
You mean there's a real holiday today!?

And all this time, I thought today had significance because of the shopping.

...and Happy T-Day to you too
Haha, I was thinking the same thing when I saw that but my excuse is that Thanksgiving for us is in October, and not that I'm mesmerized by all the great deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
If you want a screen protector (given the screen is plastic, acrylic I think), I have had good luck with the Lexerd protectors on Amazon. Easy to install. I recommend the clear as opposed to the anti-glare.

Anyway, congrats and have fun with your new device! And keep an eye out, last year Google had a pretty good app sale before Christmas, they might do it again, you never know.
Thank you! - I will check out the screen protectors and be on the lookout for app sales. I can't wait to play with it

Quote:

Thanks for the heads-up!! I didn't know the 8GB ones were going to be on sale also. I'd already ordered the 4GB one but I went back and ordered an 8GB one along with a second 32GB microSD card (I was limited to one card in my first order).

So, I'm done with the Best Buy BF sale -I bought two Clip Zips (a 4GB and an 8GB), two 32GB microSD cards, a 64GB flash drive, and a Rocketfish stylus.

Thanks tubemonkey for all your work on this thread, and everyone for all the tips, suggestions, enabling () etc - it has been very helpful and appreciated

Hopefully I won't be tempted to buy anything else as I continue to follow this thread
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:46 AM   #270
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Walmart now live

And these deals really suck!

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-22-2012 at 07:03 AM.