Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-20-2012, 08:03 PM   #46
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad, iPhone
I wish Kobo had all the Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes books because I would purchase every single one of them with discount codes. Of the 16 books in the series, they have 5. Now I've read 2, I have 2 more on my Nook, and there's one more I don't have any interest in reading. I wrote them an email a couple months ago asking them to please add the other 11 books in the series, but they haven't added any new ones yet.
tecweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:31 PM   #47
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
I just discovered the Mary Russell series by Laurie King is eligible when published by Allison & Busby (but not those published by Bantam). They are on my TBR list.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2012, 08:35 PM   #48
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
It's funny that people would say this-I have bought about 50 books from Kobo and I've never even encountered an agency book! I was beginning to think that Kobo was somehow exempt from the whole agency pricing. I know I've tried using codes on Sony's service and was never able to find a book because everything I've tried was not applicable to to agency pricing.
I'm not buying no-name books either-I generally browse through the list of NYT bestsellers to see if there's anything interesting. Weird.
Please if I may ask, HOW are you doing that? You mean you ARE getting agency books and they are allowing you to use the discounts on them? I've only been able to buy a few of what I want because those were marked down, the rest I want are all full price [agency], so no luck! But I at least got a few, it's a start!
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:55 PM   #49
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by abookreader View Post
Well, if you want my advice .....
if you are going to pay via Paypal there won't be an address check anyway. Just find a working address and go with it.

I've actually had a couple of people recently tell me they've had a very hard time setting up a Kobo account.
I was trying to pay by PayPal and thought it was strange that the site kept asking me for an address.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:14 PM   #50
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHNightshadow View Post
Thanks, for the very nice codes. Get the two patrick rothfuss books. Will read them sometimes and I did have them on my imagenery wishlist.
Uh, TBR are getting higher and higher, maybe the weekend can have more than 2 x 24 h?
I got both of those on Audible - can't wait for the next one to finally be finished.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2012, 09:18 PM   #51
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
Please if I may ask, HOW are you doing that? You mean you ARE getting agency books and they are allowing you to use the discounts on them? I've only been able to buy a few of what I want because those were marked down, the rest I want are all full price [agency], so no luck! But I at least got a few, it's a start!
I suspect it's because he/she is in Japan.

Each country has different books that are "agency" titles (and some have none at all), along with their own pricing.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:36 PM   #52
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
I just discovered the Mary Russell series by Laurie King is eligible when published by Allison & Busby (but not those published by Bantam). They are on my TBR list.
I noticed a couple months ago that the Allison & Busby editions of those books are cheaper than the Bantam, and are non-agency. But I downloaded previews of both versions of The Beekeeper's Apprentice and in the A&B version, on the first page was a paragraph of random characters and boxes. So I purchased the Bantam, even though it was agency-priced and more expensive, because I figured there was a better chance of not having any huge errors.

But I haven't purchased any more past the first one because I keep buying other non-canon Sherlock Holmes novels with these Kobo codes, so maybe I'll use these for the Mary Russell novels. Even if the books are messed up I'm only out a dollar or two.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:38 PM   #53
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post

Each country has different books that are "agency" titles (and some have none at all), along with their own pricing.
Once again, thank you koland for your reply. I had no idea they had different rules. I learn something every single time I come here. MBR is so helpful.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:41 PM   #54
tecweston
Comic book artist

Oh nevermind. I see they only have The Beekeeper's Apprentice and the most recent ones. Sigh. Why is it so hard to find decent non-agency priced books?
Old 04-20-2012, 11:26 PM   #55
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Mini 2
Thanks for these codes! I just got a book off my TBR list for $0.77 using the "welcome90us" code.
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:06 AM   #56
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
I picked up Sleight Malice by Vicki Tyley for 43 cents. I don't have a way to comfortably read it yet. With all the good reviews it generated I'll read it eventually.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:10 AM   #57
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Thanks so much for posting this! I got 2 bios I really wanted which are normally priced at $30.00 for $3 each
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:52 AM   #58
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post

Thanks for mentioning that; I just assumed Agency books were immune to coupons across the board. I was to able to use one of the codes on a Penguin book using my other Kobo account that's registered with my local (non-US) credit card and address.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:03 PM   #59
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I've been unable to use the coupons on some non-agency books, here. In fact I've struggled to use them at all. I've only managed to find one book that accepted codes, so far.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:39 PM   #60
koland
Grand Sorcerer

I wonder if some countries aren't covered by a blanket no-reduction agreement (sort of like the price protections in place for Germany)? Many of the ones I checked were coupon eligible in the US and UK, but not all (of course, a bunch were not available for international sales, for that matter). You do have to get away from the big six, though - that leaves out most of the NYT list and some of the other lists they had for various award winners.