Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-24-2011, 03:53 AM   #1
stonemason
stonemason began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Figures in Brackets

Could someone please tell me what the figures in brackets in the Calibre Library mean please. I have say a folder for Alexandre Dumas. Inside that folder will be sub folders for the Alexandre Dumas books I have ie. The Three Musketeers (1878) (183). What do the bracketed figures mean?

Many thanks

stonemason

PS this is my first post so hello to the community
stonemason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:40 AM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonemason View Post
Welcome to the board. Hope you find it fun and informative (don't know the answer, but someone will have it for you).
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2011, 07:54 AM   #3
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Just a quick one as on the way out shortly... one of the numbers refers to calibre's index, it'll either be the 1878 or more likely 183rd book you've put in calibre...also ifthe book has already been saved within someone else's calibre then the first number might be their index number...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonemason View Post
Could someone please tell me what the figures in brackets in the Calibre Library mean please. I have say a folder for Alexandre Dumas. Inside that folder will be sub folders for the Alexandre Dumas books I have ie. The Three Musketeers (1878) (183). What do the bracketed figures mean?

Many thanks

stonemason

elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:46 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
As ws mentioned the numbers in brackets are internal Calibre ID's. The reasons they are there are technical and to do with the way that Calibre is designed and operates.

The assumption is that the Calibre library folders are a database that is under Calibre control and you will not normally be accessing them directly outside Calibre so things like this do not matter.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote