Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 02-11-2011, 09:59 AM   #1
Racegun
Racegun has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Racegun has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Racegun has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: IPad
Unhappy Dead ipad...

Dunno what happened. One day ipad is working just fine and the next day it's dead, will not turn on, won't do anything. It's barely three months old! Is the Apple store the only place to take it for a battery change? I bought it from BestBuy in Dec and their extended warranty.

This now dead gem is my primary reader sitting dead with 100 books on it and I haven't a clue what to do. HELP!!!
Racegun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:21 AM   #2
darknessangel
Addict
darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, iPad
Did you try to keep the standby button pressed for several seconds and then releasing it? And well... gadgets die =/
darknessangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2011, 10:34 AM   #3
Racegun
Racegun has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Racegun has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Racegun has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: IPad
This time I used my noodle and called the Apple store in Plano and luckily got a very nice young lady who suggested I try a hard start. A hard start is holding the start button at the top and the round button at the bottom down at the same time for about 10 seconds, release and the apple should appear........and it did. Everything is there. I'll remember that trick forever.
Racegun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:14 AM   #4
amjbrown
Addict
amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle app on the iPhone
Good stuff - was about to type you those instructions! A quick Google would have got you there too.

Glad it's safe.
amjbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:06 PM   #5
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Basically your iPad had turned off. Most of the time you don't actually turn your iPad off you just let it "sleep". So you forgot or never new that one actually has to turn the iPad on

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2011, 07:13 AM   #6
darknessangel
Addict
darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, iPad
I still think that Apple should put those "tricks" that are essential on their user "guides" >_>. I remember the day (or rather after the day) I bought my ipod. Had the sweet thing loaded to the 8 GB brim with music and was happy because I was on an 8h+ flight... and the thing freezes! Of couse I didn't know how to reset it and the kind lady at one electronics booth also didn't know... so I spent a flight in silence AND at the end my ipod was with a discharged battery.
darknessangel is offline   Reply With Quote