Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-27-2010, 06:35 AM   #31
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
It sure looks like an old style Android home screen, and all the recognizable apps are Android apps?????????????????????
Then they have pasted an Android screenshot onto an iPad one. It is as fake as a $3 bill.

Seriously, that hardware is an iPad with duplicated home buttons, here is a shot of an iPad to compare:
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 01:34 AM   #32
Jakie
Connoisseur
Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Blackberry playbook and Q10
Thanks, Graham for answering the question asked of me. (I hadn't signed on for a few days) Your answer is EXACTLY what I think. When the NotionInk adam actualy releases, and if it meets expectations, then I will very much say it is better, but until then, it is samsung vs archos vs augen, etc, for android tablets. Some of the generics may well be fine, but it is a crap shoot. I have a generic, and thankfully, it is exactly what I expected, but it is a base line copy of a gome flytouch.
Jakie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2010, 02:10 AM   #33
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Personally, for the price, I think the Nook color is the most compelling Android tablet to date at $250. It needs marketplace apps to be really good (which it doesn't have by default), but hopefully someone will release a marketplace hack for it.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 02:59 AM   #34
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Man, watching Charbax play with these Archos devices is mouth watering.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 08:24 AM   #35
Guiltyr1
Connoisseur
Guiltyr1 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Padigital Novel
I am still enjoying the Pandigital Novel.
Guiltyr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2010, 12:44 PM   #36
tipstir
Coby MID7015 Tablet Guru
tipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-books

Device: 7015A, CM738A, 7015, M150, A7, A32, Next3, PDN 7"/9", GT78, ePad
Pandigital 800x600 on 7" is the only good feature second would be the WiFi 802.11n as appose to 802.11g in Coby KYROS 7" 800x480 16:9 720p / 1080p HDMI. PDN can only do 360p 600x360p on MP4 if you go higher then video will shutter. Hardware v1 of PDN has some serious issues with video playback. Of course you would need to hunt down Hardware v2. But if you're only using it as a reader then it's fine for that purpose.
tipstir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 08:28 PM   #37
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMonkey View Post
Personally, for the price, I think the Nook color is the most compelling Android tablet to date at $250. It needs marketplace apps to be really good (which it doesn't have by default), but hopefully someone will release a marketplace hack for it.
I would want at least USB host, if not HDMI out and bluetooth, in any Android tablet device. And I'd want to make sure it did full screen video smoothly.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 01:23 AM   #38
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I would want at least USB host, if not HDMI out and bluetooth, in any Android tablet device. And I'd want to make sure it did full screen video smoothly.
I want USB, HDMI, 1080p playback, BT, and a few other things. But I'm a lot less picky at $250.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:21 AM   #39
tipstir
Coby MID7015 Tablet Guru
tipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-books

Device: 7015A, CM738A, 7015, M150, A7, A32, Next3, PDN 7"/9", GT78, ePad
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMonkey View Post
I want USB, HDMI, 1080p playback, BT, and a few other things. But I'm a lot less picky at $250.
You might want to give the Coby KYROS a try
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=1190561
tipstir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 01:22 PM   #40
Falcao
Banned
Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
Probably because the Archos 101 exists...
Oh yeah, the old problem of comparing a real thing with a vaporware thing
Falcao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:28 AM   #41
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Apologies for double posting, but this thread's long enough that some people might have it subscribed without checking the Android forum regularly.

The Toshiba Folio 100 is now available for £329 from PC World in the UK and looks like a strong contender, with a 1024x600 10" capacitive screen, 16GB, 2 USB ports, an SD slot, and a Tegra 2 processor. Full specs:

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/toshib...73544-pdt.html

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:45 PM   #42
Clemenseken
eWriter
Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PB-IQ / Sony PRS-500
Arrow ... have a look at this tablet-eReader ?

Hi
... just a hint for this thread - you might want to have a look at the dedicated eReader Pocketbook IQ (701) that's still an Android tablet. will be updated from 2.0 to 2.2 end of year.
Got Wifi, no camera or phone, but a G-sensor and 800 by 600 touchscreen.
Shipping starts the next few days, so no reviews yet ...

see: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=103403 !

and here's the only video I found so far: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2fn-MAirjs&fmt=22

Last edited by Clemenseken; 11-05-2010 at 01:58 PM.
Clemenseken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:42 PM   #43
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
the IQ is another variant of the PDN (someone from the company said it has a better processor, though).

It comes with support for PDF and DJVU.

I'm curious to hear from Tipstir and others if they think this machine will read large PDF files (10MB scans of books) or if I am better off waiting a year for more advanced tablets.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:47 PM   #44
PDowns
Enthusiast
PDowns doesn't litterPDowns doesn't litter

Device: (jetBook)lost in mail;(Kobo;ipod touch;Samsung S
What about the Galaxy Tab thats what I am saving my pennys for and you already have the Galaxy S you could help her with the learning curve, talking about that do you want to help me with my Galxy S....
PDowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 11:51 PM   #45
Tomana
Tomana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tomana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tomana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: treo 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidGold View Post
I suggest you check out our Android tablets at AndroidGold.com

We have sorted through hundreds of Android tablets from Chinese OEM manufacturers and identified the best of the lot to feature on our website.

The AG2 is by far the best we've come across and we're selling it for just $199 with a keyboard/case - which helps make up for some deficiency in the resistive touch screen, though recent firmware upgrades have greatly improved it's general utility.
We will provide an Android 2.2 upgrade in November for this device and expect to have a capacitive screen version available by the end of he year (prototypes already produced and being tested).

I'm not gonna say that our Android tablets are better than the iPad, though they do some things the iPad won't (run multiple apps at once, play Flash videos). I personally use mine on a daily basis for checking the news while I get coffee and have Skype Lite running on it for chatting.

Just to let you know, we see AndroidGold as establishing a process for incorporating customer feedback into China's OEM development community so that our partner factories can continuously improve their Android products over time - even in the two short months we've been at this we've helped dramatically improve the firmware (and even hardware) on our select Android tablets and hope to bring some of the Android phone devices we've been working on to the market soon.
Tried that ZT180 and it is nothing more than a sluggish piece of digital photoframe. Definitely, there a lot better android Tablets than this. My friends has an android tablets with A removable battery and GPSand it performs way better thanthe ZT180 . l now read with a win7 Tablet with capacitive screen and it's working very well for me.
Tomana is offline   Reply With Quote