Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-15-2010, 10:24 AM   #1
mountash
mountash began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Question Looking for Book Title (Very Old Book)

I read this book about 40 years ago as a young woman, and loved it. It is about a young woman that goes to live with her guardian. (I cannot remember the circumstances, but assume her parents died.) She was probably around 17 - 19 at the time. This would have taken place back when the age of majority was not till 21 years old.

Her guardian had two younger brothers. (Although my mom thinks it is only one younger brother...) They live in a large home, and each brother has their own floor. I remember one has fascinating collections from all over the world.

In the end she falls in love with the youngest brother. That is all I can remember.

Thank you for your help,
Janet
mountash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 01:21 PM   #2
piper10
piper10 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.piper10 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.piper10 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.piper10 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle 2, iPad, PW2
Miss Billy by Eleanor H. Porter.
piper10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 01:33 PM   #3
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Piper10 (and mountash) wins!

Miss Billy by Eleanor H. Porter is on Project Gutenberg.
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 01:38 PM   #4
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
The sequels are available too along with Pollyanna.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote