Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-28-2014, 08:46 AM   #76
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Cheers for the photos sharphamster, now fingers crossed the new battery holds the charge a whole lot better.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:59 PM   #77
sharphamster
Anathema Device
sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T3/350, Kobo AuraH20/Mini, Axim X50v
Perfect excuse for a reading binge (not that I need one) - Testing out the charge ;]
sharphamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:48 AM   #78
sharphamster
Anathema Device
sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Recharged the new battery this AM - the meter had dropped down to the last bar. I'd estimated the 350 was used on average for an hour each day since installation.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:31 AM   #79
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Thanks for sharing your experience!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:20 PM   #80
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharphamster View Post
Recharged the new battery this AM - the meter had dropped down to the last bar. I'd estimated the 350 was used on average for an hour each day since installation.
So roughly two weeks from the new battery? Can you compare that to how long the old one was lasting, or when your 350 was a little newer?

I find it very hard to judge how long the battery in my 350 lasts as I only use it for taking to work and only get to use it a couple of days here and there.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:03 PM   #81
sharphamster
Anathema Device

Yeah aprox. 2 weeks on the charge. My 350 was bought used, and used to originally go about the same amount of time between charges. It's been steadily losing capacity for the last 6 months until it was only a few days between charges.

It's dropped a charge bar since I posted last though. I'm going to let it fully discharge this time, and see if it's the meter, or if I need to return the battery.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:34 PM   #82
sharphamster
Anathema Device

Battery has discharged overnight, the reader was not in use. So, retracting my recommendation on NewPower99 batteries.

I am having the *worst* week with my electronics.
Old 03-14-2014, 02:43 PM   #83
teija
Gadget fiend
teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite 2021, Sony PRS-350
Oh no Sorry to hear it has not worked out.
teija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:05 PM   #84
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharphamster View Post
Battery has discharged overnight, the reader was not in use. So, retracting my recommendation on NewPower99 batteries,
Maybe just needs a couple of charge/depletion cycles to work properly? *fingers crossed*
Old 03-14-2014, 10:09 PM   #85
sharphamster
Anathema Device

Contacted the vendor, and they are offering a replacement. I'm going to take them up on it and see how it works out. Not willing to give up on my 350s just yet.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:40 PM   #86
sharphamster
Anathema Device

So Innovate88 sent me an new battery the day after I contacted them, and I installed it Tuesday. So far, so good - wall charged it for 6 hours, and it's holding its charge as you would expect.

I'm trying for an hours read daily and am hoping the charge will last me at least 2 weeks.
Old 03-21-2014, 01:07 PM   #87
teija
Gadget fiend
teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Fingers crossed for you, Sharphamster! Hopefully the first battery was just a 'dud.' Good to hear they sent one out so quickly.
Old 03-21-2014, 01:32 PM   #88
laughingdragons
Groupie
laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350 1 Pink 1 Silver Paperwhite Kindle
Hope it works out mine just started having battery problems. The charge is only lasting a couple days.

I bought mine new when it came out. A charge lasted me about a month to 6 weeks or so with daily use. So I've had it almost 3 1/2 years.

I just ordered a new battery from buy.com. Waiting for it to arrive. I hope this works out I love this reader. Just glad I had bought a back up one.

This is my pink one!
laughingdragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:02 PM   #89
sharphamster
Anathema Device

Hope all goes smoothly laughingdragons - mine was pretty easy to install, once I stopped losing those tiny screws. And I hope you see a good increase in battery capacity with the new one.

So far, so good on my (replacement) replacement No drop on the meter yet, so that's encouraging. Really wish Sony had a more detailed percentage read of the charge, but I can live with this.

I also picked up a red 650 on ebay for next to nothing and I get why so many of you love them now :] It has the 2 things I wished my 350 had - it's Red, and memory expansion slots. I've only had in a day, but if it proves to be as reliable and sturdy I'll be passing my T2 on to my sister with the T1.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:09 PM   #90
teija
Gadget fiend

Glad to hear you have joined the PRS-650 club! I also like the fact that the 650 has audio (via headphones). It's not a GREAT music interface, but better than not having one at all.