Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 04-02-2012, 01:40 PM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Alkido on Fire

I don't have a Kindle Fire. But a friend of my Mother-in-Law has a Kindle Fire. She's a novice for sure.

Question... I want to install Alkido so she can read ePub eBooks. How do I go about installing Alkido? The Fire is not rooted. Sonce installed, how do I go about putting books on for Alkido to display?

Thanks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:45 PM   #2
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
Download the app and sideload it: http://www.aldiko.com/download.html
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:56 PM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shack70 View Post
Download the app and sideload it: http://www.aldiko.com/download.html
Make sure allow application installations is on under settings\device as it's off by default then do what Shack said.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:58 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So once I have the Fire's settings correct, I then take the APK and copy it to the Fire via USB. Where on the Fire do I put the APK and how to I get it launched to be installed?

Once it's installed, how do I add eBooks to Alkido? Can I do so from Calibre or do I have to do is via USB?
Old 04-02-2012, 02:03 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So once I have the Fire's settings correct, I then take the APK and copy it to the Fire via USB. Where on the Fire do I put the APK and how to I get it launched to be installed?

Once it's installed, how do I add eBooks to Alkido? Can I do so from Calibre or do I have to do is via USB?
The Fire comes with an Office program you can use that as a file explorer using the option browse. It doesn't matter where the apk goes. Once copied over you can navigate using the office program and then tap on the apk and it will install. Or you can get ES File Explorer from the app store to do the same.

To add epub just copy them over to a folder of your choice then open Aldiko and import them. You can use USB or LAN feature of ES File Explorer.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:12 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Thanks. When I get access to the Fire, I'll let you know how it went.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:43 PM   #7
calibrated
Zealot
calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire w/Aldiko
If you'd like detailed, step by step instructions, you can find them here:

http://www.booksonboard.com/m/index....android&faq=26
calibrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:07 PM   #8
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post

I second ES File Explorer. Excellent and very easy to use. You can create new folders and label them according to your needs (such as side-loaded applications). Not that your M-I-L might care, but it also contains a LAN tab for wireless transfer of files over one's WLAN with another computer/laptop.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:26 AM   #9
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
JS Wolf
it is highly recommended to read thru the 1st several pages of these threads for some good tips and app suggestions. These are sticky threads for the Kindle fire thread (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/for...ay.php?f=243):

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=157184

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=157358

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=157520
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote