Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 12-09-2011, 09:41 AM   #1
caribbean_spur
Connoisseur
caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony daily edition 950
Rooted T1: Can an "in-between" font size be added

Hi guys,

Just got my first ereader! So far it has worked fine. Borrowed from the library and got scientific papers from dropbox. Have not even plugged it in to a computer!

I noticed that the default font size is fine for books but a bit small for pdf articles. But the one just above is just way too big. I was wondering if the people who have rooted their reader were able to add a font size that would be bigger that the default one but smaller than the one above. Is it something even possible?

Thanks
caribbean_spur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:22 AM   #2
cghipp
Zealot
cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Glo
Do you find that the difference in the two sizes appears so extreme with all of the fonts, or with one particular/your preferred font?

Edited to add: Clearly I have no information that would actually help you - I'm just curious about the extent of the issue.
cghipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:02 PM   #3
mwerle
Micha
mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbean_spur View Post
Borrowed from the library and got scientific papers from dropbox. Have not even plugged it in to a computer!
Hi carribean_spur,

This is off-topic, so please excuse, but does your library let you borrow DRM-free ebooks? Otherwise, how did you register your reader with Adobe without the use of a computer? I've tried for close to a week (and I'm not computer/electronics illiterate!) and couldn't do it..

Thanks,
- Micha.
mwerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:44 PM   #4
caribbean_spur
Connoisseur
caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.

I did not try every font, so I will when I get home. But the font I tried the difference with the 2 font size seems pretty extreme.

As for the question about the adobe registration, I did everything on the WIFI. I registered to the sony store and then I could go to the public library website. I did get an error on the adobe ID but I just close everything and then everything worked fine. I want to add that I had registered my email address with adobe using my android phone months ago so I have no idea if that helped in any way.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:06 AM   #5
nosnoop
Enthusiast
nosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; PRS-T1
Quote:
As for the question about the adobe registration, I did everything on the WIFI. I registered to the sony store and then I could go to the public library website. I did get an error on the adobe ID but I just close everything and then everything worked fine. I want to add that I had registered my email address with adobe using my android phone months ago so I have no idea if that helped in any way.
If you go to "Settings" ->"About" -> "Device Information",

under Adobe DRM, does it say that your reader is authorized to use DRM?

I always thought you need USB to authorize the device, but if you manage to do it entirely through WiFi, that would be good news.
nosnoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:11 AM   #6
caribbean_spur
Connoisseur

Yes,

I did everything wirelessly. Today was the first time I plugged it in, and it was to get the update. But I was able to authorize it at the sony store on WIFI. As I said somehow I got some weird eroor message about adobe ID. But I just went back to the home page and when I tried again I was logged in and everthing was fine after that.

So far I was able to download books from the local public library, and the natioanl library of singapore. And papers from dropbox. I doubt I will plug in this device too often.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:12 AM   #7
caribbean_spur
Connoisseur

So, about my "in-between" font size, any idea?
Old 12-12-2011, 08:30 AM   #8
caribbean_spur
Connoisseur

It would really help if someone could at least tell me if this was possible. I would like to use the reader to read academic articles in pdf format and being able to have a font a little bigger than the default one would help tremendously.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:41 AM   #9
seabee
Connoisseur
seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kobo Mini
To be deleted, just a mistake

Last edited by seabee; 12-12-2011 at 08:51 AM.
seabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:49 PM   #10
vishcompany
Addict
vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: Gen3(†); PB302(↓); PRS-350; T1; voyage
It is difficult to get different fonts working with epubs. I don't know about pdf, but I guess, it's even more complicated, if not impossible, as long as you use the regular reader.

You could consider using a different reader software. As you have already rooted your T1, installing another pdf-reader is not a big deal.

See the wiki pages.
vishcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:06 PM   #11
caribbean_spur
Connoisseur

Thanks Vishcompany. I have not rooted my reader yet. considering it though. I need to find a good guide first :-)
Old 12-13-2011, 06:52 AM   #12
vishcompany
Addict
vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: Gen3(†); PB302(↓); PRS-350; T1; voyage
Quote:
Thanks Vishcompany. I have not rooted my reader yet. considering it though. I need to find a good guide first :-)
Also this can be found in the wiki.
vishcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:43 AM   #13
zinj
Connoisseur
zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Irex DR800SG, Kyobo Mirasol Reader, 2 Pocketbook Ultras
Quote:
So far I was able to download books from the local public library, and the natioanl library of singapore.
You were able to borrow books from the Singapore National Library directly on the reader? I thought the library menu only gave you a selection of a few countries and Singapore isn't one of them. How did you do it? Did you do it directly through the browser?
zinj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #14
caribbean_spur
Connoisseur

I do it from the browser, I have it bookmarked and it keeps my password info so it is as fast as the public library link.