Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 02-24-2011, 10:51 AM   #16
altworld
Evangelist
altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android G1
Interestingly Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy was just under 50K words.

However eReaders have opened up the market somewhat, and you could entertain a return to the penny serials of the 19th century.
Arigato,
Nick Davis
altworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:45 AM   #17
jumpingjack42
DiSpLaCeD
jumpingjack42 rocks like Gibraltar!jumpingjack42 rocks like Gibraltar!jumpingjack42 rocks like Gibraltar!jumpingjack42 rocks like Gibraltar!jumpingjack42 rocks like Gibraltar!jumpingjack42 rocks like Gibraltar!jumpingjack42 rocks like Gibraltar!jumpingjack42 rocks like Gibraltar!jumpingjack42 rocks like Gibraltar!jumpingjack42 rocks like Gibraltar!jumpingjack42 rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: kindle 2
I think the IS a resurgence of novellas going on. I've looked at smashwords and on amazon and there is a lot of shorter fiction being published. You have to delve on amazon to even find the wordcount though.

What would be really good is if Amazon actually put the word count up. Feedbooks manages it. I'm sure they could easily take a word count during submission.
I'm a web developer by trade, and I've integrated word counters in various formats before, so if I can, they definately can.
jumpingjack42 is offline   Reply With Quote