Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-17-2011, 08:49 PM   #1
jian1
Banned
jian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toys

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Has anyone received the speaker shield yet?

I've ordered the speaker shield a few months back, yet I haven't got anything in my mailbox.
jian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 04:54 AM   #2
medvedev
Connoisseur
medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.

Why haven't you already fixed this issue on your own, instead of waiting for 6 months?
The repairkit consists only of a metal foil and a double stick tape! Both you can buy in every do-it-yourself store for little money!
medvedev is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2011, 04:56 AM   #3
jian1
Banned
jian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by medvedev View Post
Why haven't you already fixed this issue on your own, instead of waiting for 6 months?
The repairkit consists only of a metal foil and a double stick tape! Both you can buy in every do-it-yourself store for little money!
What kind of metal works like a shield? alumnium doesn't work.

Onyx promised me that "I will receive it within a few weeks" and it was the main reason why I was still waiting.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:34 AM   #4
medvedev
Connoisseur
medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.

Aluminum would shield electromagnetic fields. Here the problem is caused by magnetic fields of the speaker, so you need an metal with a high magnetic permeability.
Just proof if the metal foil is magnetic or not. If an magnet attracts the foil, so it will shield magnetic fields.
medvedev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:48 AM   #5
BCotton
Connoisseur
BCotton doesn't litterBCotton doesn't litterBCotton doesn't litter

Device: Boox M90, Sony PRS-300, PB360+, HP Touchpad
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by medvedev View Post
Aluminum would shield electromagnetic fields. Here the problem is caused by magnetic fields of the speaker, so you need an metal with a high magnetic permeability.
Just proof if the metal foil is magnetic or not. If an magnet attracts the foil, so it will shield magnetic fields.
Would not such a foil itself get magnetized evenually and need to be replaced?
BCotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2011, 03:55 AM   #6
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCotton View Post
Would not such a foil itself get magnetized evenually and need to be replaced?
It depends on the shielding material. I don't think the commercial shielding materials (like mumetal) have this problem. Google for "mu metal foil" or "mumetal" and you'll find plenty of information on the stuff.

If you just use a piece of soft iron, then you would probably magnetize it eventually.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:35 AM   #7
jian1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
It depends on the shielding material. I don't think the commercial shielding materials (like mumetal) have this problem. Google for "mu metal foil" or "mumetal" and you'll find plenty of information on the stuff.

If you just use a piece of soft iron, then you would probably magnetize it eventually.
I've searched mumetal, and they have to be ordered at least 1 foot long for $44 USD. oops.

The alumnium doesn't work, according to some website, but I'll give it a kick see how things go.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:32 AM   #8
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by jian1 View Post
I've searched mumetal, and they have to be ordered at least 1 foot long for $44 USD. oops.

The alumnium doesn't work, according to some website, but I'll give it a kick see how things go.
If a magnet won't stick to it, it won't work. So, rather than aluminium or other non-magnetic metals, try some iron, steel or nickel sheets if you have them. They won't be as good as mumetal, but at least they'll shield some of the magnetic fields. Maybe it'll be good enough.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 02:24 PM   #9
jian1
Banned

Why can't onyx simply provide such a shield? that sucks.