Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 01-26-2022, 09:42 AM   #1
jonnyl
jonnyl began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Gap between columns in Two Column mode (epub)

I've noticed that the gap between the two columns varies by book, when I use the two-column mode on epub documents. Few books have a narrow gap (which I prefer), but most have a rather wide one. I've played around with various settings, such as L/R/T/B margins, font size, line spacing, etc., but the width of the column gap remains unaffected.

I am wondering what determines the width of this gap? And is there any way to adjust it? In most books the gap is too wide for me and I'd prefer it to be narrower.

Thanks for any help,
Jonnyl
jonnyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 10:43 AM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyl View Post
I've noticed that the gap between the two columns varies by book, when I use the two-column mode on epub documents. Few books have a narrow gap (which I prefer), but most have a rather wide one. I've played around with various settings, such as L/R/T/B margins, font size, line spacing, etc., but the width of the column gap remains unaffected.

I am wondering what determines the width of this gap? And is there any way to adjust it? In most books the gap is too wide for me and I'd prefer it to be narrower.

Thanks for any help,
Jonnyl
Right/left margins don't override publisher/book css.

Go to "styletweaks" -> "pages" -> "Ignore margin and padding" -> "ignore horizontal margins"
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2022, 02:11 PM   #3
jonnyl
jonnyl began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Excellent, thank you very much. It didn't even occur to me that the epub files themselves could contain controls for multiple column views.
jonnyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 06:51 AM   #4
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
It's more or less just two pages put side by side. EPUBs can say things about margins on their pages.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote