Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-03-2021, 01:01 PM   #1
denmarks
Enthusiast
denmarks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Deleting Books at the Amazon Website

I have collected many books that were not purchased from amazon. I find that the easiest way to transfer them is to just email them to Amazon and have them downloaded to the Kindle. I have no need for the copies at Amazon since Calibre is my backup. If I delete a book at Amazon will it remain on my Kindle or will they try to sync? I know that I can use Calibre to do the transfer with a cable but I would rather use the email.
denmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 02:15 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by denmarks View Post
I have collected many books that were not purchased from amazon. I find that the easiest way to transfer them is to just email them to Amazon and have them downloaded to the Kindle. I have no need for the copies at Amazon since Calibre is my backup. If I delete a book at Amazon will it remain on my Kindle or will they try to sync? I know that I can use Calibre to do the transfer with a cable but I would rather use the email.
You could use the Send to Kindle app. It has an option not to save the book to the cloud.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2021, 02:17 PM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
You can change the default behavior of emailed Personal Document Archiving (go to Preferences panel in Manage Your Content and Devices web page) so that stuff sent to the email address is not Archived. You can still archive stuff if you use the Send To Kindle app instead to send things.

That said, deleting from your Archive will not delete from the device(s).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 02:18 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
You could use the Send to Kindle app. It has an option not to save the book to the cloud.
But the OP is using calibre, which only uses email (or USB connection).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 04:32 PM   #5
denmarks
Enthusiast
denmarks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I am only using Calibre for storage, metadata changes, and conversions. I just found out about the Send to Kindle app and it seems to be easier than using email. It has the option to not save at Amazon. One minor install problem. The right click menu works. There was no link on the start menu, even in all apps if I wanted to use drag and drop. I searched for the exe file and created my own link in start and the taskbar.
denmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
sync kindle