Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 01-05-2022, 11:26 AM   #826
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Could they be alive?
https://twitter.com/BoyueTechnology/...-2rSbu1KQ&s=19
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 12:13 PM   #827
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Now it seems real Boyue has disappeared as a brand.

https://goodereader.com/blog/boyue-e...available-soon

Edit: the link runs now

Last edited by viceant; 01-11-2022 at 10:44 AM.
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 11:00 PM   #828
Zardangus
Zardangus began at the beginning.

Device: likebook
Hi all,

I have several books on my Mimas. I want to up mu ereader to date.
I want to to a backup and save all my epub annotations, what's the way to do ?

Another problem, when i connect mu ereader to the pc with the usb cable, it doesn't work, i have an error message, how to fixe it ? where can I find the USB driver ?

I have the windows 10 on my PC.

Thanks.
Zardangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 01:31 PM   #829
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardangus View Post
Hi all,

I have several books on my Mimas. I want to up mu ereader to date.
I want to to a backup and save all my epub annotations, what's the way to do ?

Another problem, when i connect mu ereader to the pc with the usb cable, it doesn't work, i have an error message, how to fixe it ? where can I find the USB driver ?

I have the windows 10 on my PC.

Thanks.
You would need to show us a screen shot of the error you get, have you tired another cable? it should use MTP to connect to the pc which is built-in.
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 08:37 PM   #830
SJC-Caron
Enthusiast
SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Boyue Likebook (T103D) Mimas
I'm getting confused trying to update my Mimas to the newer Android version. A step-by-step guide would be appreciated. I'll trying to follow along with the posts here an I think I'm a file I need to externally download.

Please help thank you.
SJC-Caron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 12:42 AM   #831
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJC-Caron View Post
I'm getting confused trying to update my Mimas to the newer Android version. A step-by-step guide would be appreciated. I'll trying to follow along with the posts here an I think I'm a file I need to externally download.

Please help thank you.
First you need a PC and to download this folder to your pc (take everything in that GDrive folder, ask to download it as a zip then Extract it to your pc after you download it. The file was provided by BratKen above.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...MO?usp=sharing

When you got that then if you have questions let us know. But the jest is you need to get your device into bootloader mode by pushing the pin like say a sim eject tool at boot like stated in the guide it comes with. That's step one.

Also backup your books etc off internal storage as I believe the update will wipe the device since its a full firmware flash. After that one you can take WIFI OTA's but the G drive link also has the OTA in it at as well.
Old 02-01-2022, 10:27 PM   #832
SJC-Caron
Enthusiast
SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

My Mimas is been inconsistent with having push power and page back at the same time to get to the BIOS options screen. The few times I tried I was able to select go to bootloader but it seams like my Mimas freezes while the bootloader is loading. Also my Mimas is not not recognized while connected to my PC when in BIOS or bootloader loading screens.
Old 02-01-2022, 10:42 PM   #833
rvcjew
Addict

Quote:
My Mimas is been inconsistent with having push power and page back at the same time to get to the BIOS options screen. The few times I tried I was able to select go to bootloader but it seams like my Mimas freezes while the bootloader is loading. Also my Mimas is not not recognized while connected to my PC when in BIOS or bootloader loading screens.
No, turn off the device normally. Then only hold the button with the red arrow in the guide down and keep holding it while plugging in the usb cable that's already attached to the pc end. You don't use the power button at all once the device is off. You don't want to go into the bios (which is recovery by the way). Then the pc will see it. Let us know how it goes.
Old 02-01-2022, 11:54 PM   #834
SJC-Caron
Enthusiast

Your advice, along with the demo video linked to in the Android Update Manual helped. Note that the Google Drive link you provided is missing the AndroidTool_Release folder.

At this point all I need is to know what is the most recent BYRead version for the Mimas. My device is currently on BYRead-V3.1.1-2021081716.

Also is the new Zreader now the default as I can't find the option to turn it on?

Thank you for your assistance.
Old 02-02-2022, 12:00 AM   #835
rvcjew
Addict

Quote:
Your advice, along with the demo video linked to in the Android Update Manual helped. Note that the Google Drive link you provided is missing the AndroidTool_Release folder.

At this point all I need is to know what is the most recent BYRead version for the Mimas. My device is currently on BYRead-V3.1.1-2021081716.

Also is the new Zreader now the default as I can't find the option to turn it on?

Thank you for your assistance.
Ah, well I guess you got the link to that from the pdf instructions? The latest is now whatever your device will wifi ota to if you check for updates on it. If it says it's up to date then it is.
Old 02-17-2022, 04:29 PM   #836
Svordov
Svordov began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mimas (T103D); iPad Air 2
Hello,

I would like to downgrade my Likebook Mimas from the firmware version 3.0.2 (Android 8) to the previous version with Android 6 (presumably 2.3.3).
I bought the reader by second-hand, it came with Android 6.

Updated it to the 3.0.2 with RKDevTool and a .img file that I found from Boyue, along with a PDF tutorial.
My device was wiped and now it have Android 8.

But I disliked that version, especially in regards to the wallpapers and the default epub reader.
Looking back through the thread, searching from a 2.3.3 firmware, I found that post that I quoted.
But I only got a update-T103D-V2.3.3.zip file, not a .img
The link to the rar'ed .img file inside the referred document is broken.

How can I install the 2.3.3 version from zip, or convert it to .img?
Thanks in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by orebmur View Post
I had a chat with someone from Likebook, asking the for a download of the current Mimas firmware. They gave me following two options:

1. Download from mega.nz/file/Y0xV0RyL#Z9hk7ZBbDlK-BlNfyqguqCBWtswDGcVujttB3PjVLzI a document containing instructions and additional download sources (which also includes a rar'ed .img file) to enable flashing the device from a PC with RKDevTool. This is probably suitable for unbricking a Mimas should the need ever arise.

2. A download of the current 'update-T103D-V2.3.3.zip' from mega.nz/file/4pwnXBBC#QMpHQHqYQrZvkGMgQeEzrHcPpIUREcIlKGvk5mIG_ Qk

I'd suggest to all interested parties to get hold of these files while they are still available.
Svordov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 02:26 AM   #837
rvcjew
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svordov View Post
Hello,

I would like to downgrade my Likebook Mimas from the firmware version 3.0.2 (Android 8) to the previous version with Android 6 (presumably 2.3.3).
I bought the reader by second-hand, it came with Android 6.

Updated it to the 3.0.2 with RKDevTool and a .img file that I found from Boyue, along with a PDF tutorial.
My device was wiped and now it have Android 8.

But I disliked that version, especially in regards to the wallpapers and the default epub reader.
Looking back through the thread, searching from a 2.3.3 firmware, I found that post that I quoted.
But I only got a update-T103D-V2.3.3.zip file, not a .img
The link to the rar'ed .img file inside the referred document is broken.

How can I install the 2.3.3 version from zip, or convert it to .img?
Thanks in advance
I looked though my stuff and I only have a dump plus full zip to the image of the 3.0.2 and beyond, in terms of the stock reader which one do you want? Maybe its using zreader instead of their old one and you want the old one back, if so it can be done in the settings. I don't use the stock apps when I used it so can't comment on the wallpapers.
Old 02-19-2022, 04:30 AM   #838
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Add KOReader. Download the APK direct from Git using build-in browser. Certainly the built-in reader on my Mars is poor for epub but OK for PDF. I use KOReader for epubs on it. My Mars is Android 8.
Android 6 is really old and some useful ereader Apps (Kobo, Kindle, Belinda Borrow box, Google Playbooks) might not work now on 6, or an update might not work.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 12:21 PM   #839
Svordov
Svordov began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mimas (T103D); iPad Air 2
Thank you all for the responses!
The firmware version 3.0.2 was very buggy. The screen and GUI was very slow. Fortunately, I managed to update my Mimas to the 3.1.1 by simply using a .zip provided here at the forum. Named it to "update.zip" and put inside the internal storage. Browsed the file from the settings and did the update.
Everything was very smooth after the 3.1.1 update. In fact, the device became more reliable than it was at the 2.x firmware. There is no fault of it being based on Android 8 instead of the 6. Then, there is no reason to downgrade my device anymore.
Battery life appears to have improved too, I read about 2 hours per day and there is 61% of battery charge by now, 8 days after full wipe and full charge.
For anyone in the need to full wipe a Likebook Mimas, I advice to install the 3.0.2 .img from a computer, following the instructions previously presented at this thread, and after, use the 3.1.1 .zip (last known firmware) to make the update on the device itself.
About the wallpapers, I managed to copy the old ones from a 2.x zip and put them on the default wallpaper folder.
In respect to the default reader, I was struggling with the fonts at the 3.0.2 version, and there was some random crashes. At 3.1.1 I found an option to apply in advance my custom typesetting preferences to all .epub files that I would open (click on the gear symbol > More Settings > Global Layout > tick the desired items to keep custom such as font, font size, typesetting and contrast). I achieved better results by putting the "Font Spacing" slider to zero, and by using the default sans-serif chinese font (no need to know chinese, that font renders well western text and suits good to the e-ink screen). Thus, the default reader app satisfies my need for an uniform reading appearance by now.
Svordov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 05:07 AM   #840
Toodu
Enthusiast
Toodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
Run V3.1.1 version on my P10W (wacom version) now, satisify on it from I get it on November 2021. Likebook company should keep to improve their firmware for more support, but it is good on their price as always.
Toodu is offline   Reply With Quote