Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-11-2010, 12:05 AM   #16
judahis
Enthusiast
judahis is on a distinguished road

Is the Sony 505 a netbook, is that the entire name of the machine? How about an older Sony Vaio? I have seen 8.9-inch Vaios on E-Bay. Any experience with this as an e-reader?
judahis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:38 AM   #17
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by judahis View Post
I have seen 8.9-inch Vaios on E-Bay. Any experience with this as an e-reader?
Are you referring to the VAIO C1 Picturebook Notebook (PCG-C1VN)?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/ima...tor/attach.gif
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00095.JPG
Views:	198
Size:	598.1 KB
ID:	45421   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00098.JPG
Views:	207
Size:	483.5 KB
ID:	45422   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00100.JPG
Views:	206
Size:	484.8 KB
ID:	45423  
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2010, 09:56 AM   #18
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
I have the Dell Mini 10V. This is a 10 screen and comes with windows 7 it has an very readable LED backlit LCD screen and I can read for hrs and hrs. Battery life is only about 3 hrs with the 3 cell battery I have but have been told that there is a 6 cell battery that can double the battery life.
I have a Mini 10v too, though mine came with Windows XP, and I installed Mandriva on it first thing I have the large battery, and I could probably get around 6 hours of it, indeed.

Quote:
The only thing that I would like to have in the netbook that I do not have is for it to be a convertible so that I could read on it like a tablet.
I've read some scientific journal PDFs in portrait orientation. If you hold the screen with the left hand, you can use the touchpad (or the arrow keys) with the right thumb
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote