Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 02-15-2010, 09:50 PM   #1
dioib
∂₪≈☼
dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ιη.σιγ.ηιφι.κα
Question Simple Auto Crop App Kneeded

Could somebody please introduce me to some simple MS Windows app/code that could just Auto Crop PDF files (I mean dynamic cropping like soPDF) and not rotate or do other unwanted transformations. I have looked into PDFCropper and soPDF but none of them appear to be able to do this (I might be wrong but I couldn't find it in them). Thank you..
dioib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:06 PM   #2
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
SoPDF does not rotate the page if you choose the -m2 or -m3 options.

If that's not good enough with your needs, I'd probably do this with a combination of ghostscript and calibre's pdfmanipulate command line program. I posted instructions for doing this on linux in another active thread here. But perhaps it would be worth investigating how to do it for Windows. If I get some free time, I'll try it out. It should be more or less the same process.

There's a PERL script called PDFCrop--part of the LaTeX bundle--that also works well, though I'm not sure that's been tested on Windows either.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2010, 11:19 PM   #3
dioib
∂₪≈☼
dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thumbs up

Thank you frabjous, I was using the GUI with m2 and it was rotating and, after loading to device, stretching the text rendering it completely illegible. It didn't occur to me to try m3 once, it works perfectly (cmd line). I tried many different applications to no avail. Thank you so much!
Old 02-15-2010, 11:46 PM   #4
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Well, now you've made me feel as though I've wasted my time with this... but I did figure out how to autocrop with GhostScript and pdfmanipulate with Windows. I posted the directions in the other thread.

So it's -m3 that doesn't rotate it? Sorry, I thought it was both -m2 and -m3. I really should know, since I wrote a GUI for soPDF! But I haven't used it for months...
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:45 PM   #5
dioib
∂₪≈☼

Sorry, I had no intention of giving you such an impression After all, knowing different ways of doing the same thing adds up to ones overall perspective at least and I thank you for that. Speaking of which, I also found a freeware, Govert's PDF Cropper, that is supposedly capable of doing the same job; it is dependent on GS engine but I couldn't make it work for the 570-page pdf I had in hand, as it ate up my CPU and my Windows almost froze on the first go.

EDIT: Truth be told, I always have a multitude of apps running on my machine at the same time, so not all the blame is upon the mentioned app.

Last edited by dioib; 02-16-2010 at 08:14 PM.
Advert